No check engine lights or computer code indicates a problem, yet when the truck is brought out on the highway the RPM gauge oscillates quickly and the Xterra SE loses power, will stall out, and then will be difficult to start up again until you wait a few minutes. My usual mechanic had the truck for 2 weeks but could not recreate the problem in his garage and would not take it out on the highway because he did not want to get stuck. I picked up the truck last night and it broke down again on the highway with the same symptoms. I had it dropped at the Nissan Service center last night as my mechanic could not figure out the problem. Any ideas?
What causes the RPM to drop out at highway speed and power loss? on 2000 Nissan Xterra
Asked by for the 2000 Nissan Xterra
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Xterra Questions
- Why does my oil reader go down when i come to a complete stop
- 2012 Xterra: Can you flip the roof racks factory cross bars over on the rails ?
- Lights come on but wont crank
- My xterras catalytic converters need cleared and how correctly any ideas?
- Can I operate the vehicle in 3 wheel drive since the fixed cam assembly broke?
2000 Nissan Xterra Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($240 - $345) in Mill Run, PA
- Heater Hose Replacement ($149 - $207) in Bumpass, VA
- Water Pump Replacement ($357 - $482) in Old Saybrook, CT
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - $104) in Enon Valley, PA
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($152 - $220) in Rushville, MO
- Engine Oil Pan Gasket Replacement ($72 - $95) in Brinnon, WA