No check engine lights or computer code indicates a problem, yet when the truck is brought out on the highway the RPM gauge oscillates quickly and the Xterra SE loses power, will stall out, and then will be difficult to start up again until you wait a few minutes. My usual mechanic had the truck for 2 weeks but could not recreate the problem in his garage and would not take it out on the highway because he did not want to get stuck. I picked up the truck last night and it broke down again on the highway with the same symptoms. I had it dropped at the Nissan Service center last night as my mechanic could not figure out the problem. Any ideas?
What causes the RPM to drop out at highway speed and power loss? on 2000 Nissan Xterra
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Xterra Questions
- I took apart exhaust pipe blow the cats and cleaned them out. Now it won't star
- I put a new thermostat in and it is still over heating/and blowing out antifreez
- missing also knocking was graduale
- After about 5 to 10 mins of driving, engine stops,re-starting is hard, pls why?
- Shut off and now won't turn over much less start. Batt is good, dash lights on
2000 Nissan Xterra Estimates
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Mill Run, PA
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($878 - 1,276) in Bumpass, VA
- EGR Valve Replacement ($242 - 337) in Old Saybrook, CT
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - 114) in Enon Valley, PA
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($485 - 562) in Rushville, MO
- Horn Replacement ($130 - 139) in Brinnon, WA