when stepping on the gas to pass at 65 mph, the tranny downshifts, the rpms run to 4500-5000, yet there is complete loss of power and acceleration. Also happens when climbing steep inclines. Cat. convertor just replaced.
what causes loss of power with high rpms and downshifting during passing attempt on 1999 GMC Suburban 1500
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Suburban 1500 Questions
- How do I tell the difference between bad shocks or struts?
- What cases a grinding noise up front on the passenger side?
- high speed on a/c fan switch burns out switch; high is on a separate wire ,is there a repair for this problem?
- When I stop at a light engine idle starts jumping shift to neutral goes to normal for a min or two then does same till I give it a little gas..
- I just had my axle housing R&R, used rear end replaced and my axle came apart what would cause this?
1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement ($139 - 256) in Dalzell, IL
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($611 - 1,226) in Pickens, MS
- 100,000 Mile Service ($439 - 611) in South Carver, MA
- Air Filter Replacement ($62 - 92) in Barnhart, MO
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($62 - 104) in New Brighton, MN
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Marcell, MN