when stepping on the gas to pass at 65 mph, the tranny downshifts, the rpms run to 4500-5000, yet there is complete loss of power and acceleration. Also happens when climbing steep inclines. Cat. convertor just replaced.
what causes loss of power with high rpms and downshifting during passing attempt on 1999 GMC Suburban 1500
- How to Fix Your Brakes
- 1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
- 1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Maintenance Schedule
- 1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Problems(23)
- 1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Repair Estimates
- 1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Q&A(55)
- 1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Recalls(1)
- 1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Shops
- 1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Suburban 1500 Questions
- what would cause a no crank and a buzzing sound when i turn the key on my truck
- How do I tell the difference between bad shocks or struts?
- What cases a grinding noise up front on the passenger side?
- high speed on a/c fan switch burns out switch; high is on a separate wire ,is there a repair for this problem?
- When I stop at a light engine idle starts jumping shift to neutral goes to normal for a min or two then does same till I give it a little gas..
1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($209 - 345) in Dalzell, IL
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($221 - 633) in Pickens, MS
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Rear ($93 - 150) in South Carver, MA
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($382 - 783) in Barnhart, MO
- Brake Caliper Replacement ($83 - 106) in New Brighton, MN
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Marcell, MN