I just recently started getting the ETC light when I start my 2010 Jeep Compass. It has happened twice. The light stays on while car engine is running idle. It even one time sounded like the engine was vibrating. I shut off the engine, restart, pressed down on accelarator that seemed to clear the problem, and I drove off. It started fine the next time. After a day not driving it the problem occured again. Any advice? Greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
What causes Electronic Throttle Control to malfunction? How to correct it? on 2010 Jeep Compass
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Compass Questions
- I can't put gas in fuel tank, it keeps shutting off pump
- loses power when heater is on..codes u1407,u1424,u1425..was told tcm needs too b
- im only getting heat out of the far left ports selector is working what is prob
- My 2012 Jeep Compass stalls about once a month and the MLI light comes on.
- Where is the fuel filter located?
2010 Jeep Compass Estimates
- Brake Drum Replacement ($335 - 485) in Red Creek, WV
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($77 - 101) in Bristol, TN
- 18,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Richland, MI
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($324 - 579) in Clarendon Hills, IL
- Engine Mount Replacement ($209 - 224) in Locust, NC
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Milligan College, TN