What caused this problem? on 2002 Kia Spectra

My engine light came on flashing,used scantool got misfires on cylinder 1&4

by in Lawrenceville, GA on February 29, 2012
2 answers
ANSWER by on February 29, 2012
Usual culprits are: spark plugs need changed, spark plug coils are going bad or you got a tank of bad gas with water in it. Try some fuel system cleaner in your tank and then watch to see if engine light returns. If so, refer to the first 2 possibilities.
ANSWER by on March 01, 2012
csubak30 is on the right track with what parts may cause this issue. There are others. However, the main concern is that the light was flashing. A flashing Ck engine light not only indicates misfires, but the flashing aspect indicates the engine is misfirig badly enough that it could cause damage to the emissions system, more specifically the catalytic converter due to the significant amount of unburnt fuel. The flashing indicates that at that moment the problem is serious enough to cause other significant damage to the engine or components.
My 2003 Kia Spectra has a ticking noise when it is idling. I only notice it when I am outside the car and not in it. It has only been a couple thousand miles since the last oil change and the oil l...
My check engine light came on yesterday when I was driving right after I heard a strange noise that sounded like the fan possibly. The sound comes and goes and the car seems to run fine. Does any...
There is a spark that jumps around on the crank pully. When it sparks it makes a loud ticking noise. We have no idea what's causing this and how to go about fixing it.