The lamp covers to my headlights have continued to melt, causeing an ugly eyesore to the covers. Appears they have melted. Could the bulb be a higher voltage then it should be and also, are there any specific type of bulbs that should be installed? I wonder if the dealership could have replaced the bulbs with cheaper version? The older the car gets, the MORE MELTING OF LAMP COVERS! I UNDERSTAND THE COVERS ARE OF PLASTIC AND WILL CONTINE TO BE COVERED WITH WHAT APPEARS TO BE A DARK NICOTINE COLOR..ANYONE HAVE THIS ISSUE? PLEASE HELP AND THANK YOU SO MUCH! IT STARTED WITH ONLY ONE HEADLAMP AND NOW THE OTHER ONE IS STARTING TO DO SAME THING, AFTER HAVING A LAMP BULB REPLACED. WILL THIS EROSION BE ABLE TO BE REMOVED OR WILL THE ENTIRE LAMP HAVE TO BE REPLACED?
What caused my headlamps to melt and now have nicotine cover leaky surface? on 2001 Porsche Boxster
This week's top 10
Recent Porsche Boxster Questions
- Why won't the windows go all the way up after top is closed and locked
- When I hit the brake pedal my cars rear end instantly pulls hard to the left.
- The engine check light went on ( yellow ), cylinder #2 compression leak.
- Brake hard and horn goes off,. then the steering wheel airbag indicator comes on
- Dssh lights stay on battery goes dead
2001 Porsche Boxster Estimates
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($496 - 642) in Corfu, NY
- Starter Replacement ($556 - 1,295) in Saint Ansgar, IA
- Fuel Filter Change ($139 - 180) in Plumtree, NC
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($668 - 859) in Spencerville, OK
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($887 - 972) in Fruitland, MD
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($528 - 607) in Elk City, OK