Up hill, lose power and slow down by 20 kms. High RPM's when accelerating fast but can bring down if I let up on accelerator a bit as if I'm driving a standard without a clutch. WAY over rev's by its self uphill sometimes and I have to take it easy and let it off a bit to bring the RPM's down. Can not use cruise control because it over rev's to try to stay at speed up hills.
What cause loss power on hills, over rev's when accelerated too fast and on hill on 2006 Ford Escape
Asked by for the 2006 Ford Escape
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- Throwing a Rich code p2196 p 2198
- Why would i have no stopping power with the brake pedal all the way depressed?
- I can't get the rear wiper motor to work.
- A/C compressor replaced twice in 6months 2nd time it worked for only 3 days.
- ABS and Road Traction lights go on at same time on and off. ,Brakes okay
2006 Ford Escape Estimates
- Transmission Fluid Change ($118 - $153) in Grafton, VT
- Wiper Motor Replacement ($186 - $225) in Fleming, GA
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Templeton, IA
- Head Gasket Replacement ($1,612 - $2,125) in Lorado, WV
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($635 - $903) in Lowden, IA
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($337 - $879) in Colchester, IL