Up hill, lose power and slow down by 20 kms. High RPM's when accelerating fast but can bring down if I let up on accelerator a bit as if I'm driving a standard without a clutch. WAY over rev's by its self uphill sometimes and I have to take it easy and let it off a bit to bring the RPM's down. Can not use cruise control because it over rev's to try to stay at speed up hills.
What cause loss power on hills, over rev's when accelerated too fast and on hill on 2006 Ford Escape
Asked by for the 2006 Ford Escape
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- Liftgate glass ajar light is staying on on the dash
- How do you know if the the exhaust system is blocked?
- Anyone have the problem when I accelerate to 4,000 rpm car misses
- Transmission won't kick in after transmission and motor. Mount break
- my escape starts to run rough between 45m.ph & 60mph. but not all the time.
2006 Ford Escape Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement ($148 - $202) in Grafton, VT
- Timing Belt Replacement ($379 - $484) in Fleming, GA
- PCV Valve Replacement ($34 - $46) in Templeton, IA
- Power Door Lock Actuator Replacement ($257 - $391) in Lorado, WV
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($635 - $903) in Lowden, IA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($84 - $106) in Colchester, IL