My car will start and go about 200ft and the transmission will stop pulling as though I would have put the car in neutral. I can shut the car off for a period of 5 to 10 min. and start it back and it will go another 200 ft.. Would that be my transmission is going out are a sensor in the transmission.
What cause a trans to stop pulling after 200ft then start back after its cooled on 1999 Mercury Cougar
Asked by for the 1999 Mercury Cougar
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- there is no heat, cruise control does not work, directionals do not work. I
- radiator and tensioners pully
- I have a 2002 mercury cougar that stop's running driving down the road.
- Cousin in the car turned cruise on it died and won't start and run now.
- where is the purge flow sensor located check engine light on with code 443
1999 Mercury Cougar Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement ($157 - $248) in West River, MD
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($131 - $205) in Kenvil, NJ
- General Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Countyline, OK
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($409 - $521) in Texarkana, TX
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Clatskanie, OR
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($65 - $72) in Newport, NY