Hey! I blew my last engine in my Bonneville (stupid teenager I know) and I recently dropped in a used one. It was running rough and had a CEL (check engine light). I cleaned the EGR valve with a steel brush and carburetor/throttle body cleaner as this is what I was told to do after the code was diagnosed. After I refitted the valve, the car ram much smoother for around 5 miles. But then it started running rough again. I have cleaned it twice now and this problem continues to occur. Any tips on how to fix this? Thanks!
What can I do to clear EGR valve code P0404? on 1998 Pontiac Bonneville
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Bonneville Questions
- With heat on in the discharge air will only reach 100° Clean heater core .
- Brakes squeak but only when backing up
- Of vats is bypassed and lights stay on while off position are resistors to high
- Vats bypassed bad battery died after days of bypass now nothing.
- What to start with on bypassed vats car was driving now no charge
1998 Pontiac Bonneville Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($372 - 675) in Wharton, OH
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Burlington, WV
- Battery Replacement ($173 - 237) in Zaleski, OH
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($130 - 188) in Brogan, OR
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($309 - 359) in San Marino, CA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($217 - 235) in Penns Park, PA