Sometime I have trouble getting the truck to start. This began 2 weeks ago. Checked the battery, altenator, and starter. All are good. When it does this it won't turn over just ticks, then hesitates to roll over and after fighting it a bit it finally starts. What would cause this? Also today there is suddenly a loud knocking noise coming from the engine. I hear it loudly from both the driver and passenger sides. Maybe a month ago we changed the spark plugs and wire. We bought something new. Could this have been the cause?
What can cause Trouble starting a vehicle and engine knocking? on 1998 Dodge Ram 1500
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- How to get my truck to crank it turns over but won't start I've try all I know
- Engine shaking and white smoke coming from muffler , what could cause this ?
- it runs until it gets hot then it dies and if let it sit for a while it starts
- When the heater is on and I switch from vent to defroster AC pump comes on is This normal?
- were does the long bolts go on the waterpump.