I have a 99 cabrio gl manual 5speed transmission and the idle is bad it stays around 1rpm but goes a little above and a little below when I am at a stop like a red light stop sign ect. it shakes when its in idle I changed the plugs but they looked fairly new but they were ngk not bosch I replaced them with ngk plugs again forgetting they recommend bosch. could that be the problem them simply not being bosch plugs? I do most of my car work myself because I am a single mother of 2 young children and labor is simply to expensive for me. this started a few weeks ago and does this everytime I drive it. sometimes after its warmed up from driving a while the idle is ok but then it starts again within the same drive to my destinations. it has misfired a few times not many but the idle is an everyday thing.
what can cause my car to idle wrong and misfire sometimes on 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio
Asked by for the 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
- While driving my gas petal completely went out. Like the rod slipped down.
- HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST FOR ACCELERATION PROBLEMS?
- Engine turns over, no spark can the computor go bad?
- how i can know if tghe crankshaft sensor is in good condition
- Major oil leak; oil goes thru the car, makes slushing sound, does turn over
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($312 - $591) in Chelsea, VT
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($312 - $404) in Seligman, MO
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($392 - $512) in Harrodsburg, IN
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($300 - $517) in Rural Valley, PA
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($905 - $972) in Spencer, SD
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Elba, NY