Alternator does not charge for 5 to 15 minutes after the first engine start of the day. After this delay I feel the engine surge with the alternator load coming on line and the alternator will charge 13.9-14v all day/night. No problems with subsequent starts. Next morning, same scenario. No alternator charge for 5-15 minutes , then it kicks in by itself. No fault codes from my OBDII scanner. Belt is not slipping and tensioner is tight. No unusual noise from the alternator. Alternator works just fine all day after the first 15 mminutes.
What can cause delayed alternator charging? on 2006 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- the a/c is blowing hot air and reset button won't work. replaced power control
- The car when I drive more than 30 minutes star shaking but it not motor in the
- Bulb socket melted due to heat. Can it be replaced?
- I changed the battery in my vehicle and now it turns over but won't start.
- noise from fan. it gets really loud. coming from front of vehicle. could this be