I disconnected the positive battery cable to do some mechanical repairs. When I reconnected the battery, it would not crank; the instrument panel was dead; no turn signal, but emergency flashers and brake lights worked and a chiming sound was heard. I left the battery connected overnight; the next morning the electrical system was completely out as if system wide failure. The car battery is 12.64 volts at present, also tried jumpstart with 12.78 volt booster. The electrical system remained dead.
what can cause a complete electrical failure 2005 impala? The battery is good. on 2005 Chevrolet Impala
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Impala Questions
- sometimes my car wont start immediately, makes a sound likes it wants to
- How do I fix error code B0238.
- Why does it say engine hot a/c off and the engine light is on but car not hot
- Car is jerking when taking off from a light or stop sign.
- Coolant is leaking. Leaks out as soon as added. Would water pump leak right out?
2005 Chevrolet Impala Estimates
- 75,000 Mile Service ($27 - 61) in Deer Lodge, MT
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($581 - 763) in Springtown, PA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in San Lucas, CA
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Rear ($107 - 180) in Blackey, KY
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($166 - 186) in Macks Creek, MO
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($380 - 416) in New Auburn, WI