1998 Ford Explorer Q&A

1998 Ford Explorer Question: water pump replacement

how do you get the fan/harmonic balancer off so you can remove the water pump. what size wrench is needed -
Answer 1
The fan clutch is what your talking about. You can borrow the tools needed from AutoZone, Advance, O'Reilly's auto parts. There is a fan wrench and pulley holding tool in the kit and then you just loosen and unscrew the nut install in reverse order. -
Related Items:
Before the water pump was replaced it started afterward it turns over just dont fire up and we checked the fuel switch on the passanger side what do i do now, we also checked the fuses, please hel...
water pump replacement
i bought my car used after a month i had to replace the water pump which was covered by wearrenty form dealer. after it was replaced the frist time it went out again within a week replaced it aga...
we took our Ford Explorer 1998 8V V8 to a mechanic to replace water pump, due to leaking antifreeze, and now he says it is something else and we may need to replace the timing cover gasket, so Why?...