how do you get the fan/harmonic balancer off so you can remove the water pump. what size wrench is needed
water pump replacement on 1998 Ford Explorer
The fan clutch is what your talking about. You can borrow the tools needed from AutoZone, Advance, O'Reilly's auto parts. There is a fan wrench and pulley holding tool in the kit and then you just loosen and unscrew the nut install in reverse order.
3 answersNovember 15, 2013
1 answerMarch 13, 2010
1 answerAugust 26, 2011
1 answerNovember 23, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- i have no power to the heat and air control module no display no blower fan
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
1998 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Rear ($110 - 161) in Carson, IA
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Aristes, PA
- Timing Belt Replacement ($386 - 513) in Troy, IL
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($140 - 194) in Minerva, OH
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($699 - 953) in Grygla, MN
- Engine Mount Replacement ($221 - 260) in Elk, CA