My daughters 93 Mercury Sable wagon has been making a 'squealing' sound and leaking coolant; it does not over heat. She is being told it may be the water pump. Are there other possibilities. The car only has about 24,000 original miles but sat for long periods of time not being driven.
Water Pump Problem Maybe??? on 1993 Mercury Sable
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user91328 ,
December 06, 2010
water pump is common failure. if the coolant is being thrown around the belt area, that will produce a squeel.
2 answersNovember 12, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Sable Questions
- Why won't my car start? I put a charged battery in it.. it's not the alternator
- how can i fix the main brake box for all the brakes
- Broke abs sensor front left, can't see how its mounted so I can remove and repla
- the engine races then shuts off. what would cause this?
- how to replace front window washer pump
1993 Mercury Sable Estimates
- Starter Replacement ($244 - 372) in Bonlee, NC
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in East Hanover, NJ
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($181 - 352) in Dema, KY
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($303 - 416) in Matoaka, WV
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($161 - 208) in Mondovi, WI
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($185 - 305) in Saint Maurice, LA