installed water pump/timing belt kit, its leaking from the back-up plate.broke 2out of the 6 bolts, used a gasket sealant for water pump to back-up plate. how long will this hold? should i order a new back-up plate?
water pump leaking after installing new one on 1992 Dodge Spirit
I would order a new plate, I couldn't imagine the sealant holding up very long under that type of pressure. Always better to play it on the safe side than have a disaster happen!
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Spirit Questions
1992 Dodge Spirit Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($229 - 315) in Hamptonville, NC
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($221 - 442) in Leon, KS
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($315 - 542) in Randall, IA
- Alternator Replacement ($302 - 473) in Reasnor, IA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($150 - 180) in Monroe, OK
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Los Olivos, CA