installed water pump/timing belt kit, its leaking from the back-up plate.broke 2out of the 6 bolts, used a gasket sealant for water pump to back-up plate. how long will this hold? should i order a new back-up plate?
water pump leaking after installing new one on 1992 Dodge Spirit
I would order a new plate, I couldn't imagine the sealant holding up very long under that type of pressure. Always better to play it on the safe side than have a disaster happen!
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Spirit Questions
1992 Dodge Spirit Estimates
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($536 - 666) in Hamptonville, NC
- Timing Belt Replacement ($367 - 535) in Leon, KS
- Radiator Replacement ($293 - 354) in Randall, IA
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($285 - 407) in Reasnor, IA
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - 134) in Monroe, OK
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($189 - 207) in Los Olivos, CA