How would I remove a water pump and replace a new one?
Ford Q&AAsk Your Question
2005 Ford Freestyle Question: water pump
Valleyautotech August 26, 2009, 16:20Master
This is from www.autozone.com sign up and put in your year, make and model and click on Repair Guide
Removal & Installation
1. Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Accessory drive belt
Air cleaner assembly
Lower radiator hose
Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. Water pump mounting
1. Position a new water pump housing gasket on the water pump sealing surface using gasket sealant to hold the gasket in place.
2. Install the water pump and tighten the bolts in the following sequence: tighten the center bolt to 35 inch lbs. (4 nm), loosely install the outer bolts, retighten the center bolt to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm), tighten the outer bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
3. The remainder of the installation is the reverse of removal.
4. Fill and bleed the cooling system.
5. Connect the negative battery cable.
6. Start the engine and check for leaks.
Replydenawinkley, August 26, 2009, 16:32Rookie
thank you for yr very detailed response! Is it possible to send a picture?
Answer #2backyard tech August 26, 2009, 20:45Master
Answer #3fernando August 27, 2009, 11:03Master
Water pump mounting