revving it at 1500 to get heat .truck was in park and we got a strong burning smell and smoke.turned out to be tranny.tranny guy says this happens allot ,it took out reverse,try to go forward in reverse.has this happened or has anyone else heard of this .and is it true you can't rev them in park,doesn't sound right to me .
was a cool day at work ,so we jumped in the truck to get warm,revved it up on 2003 Dodge Ram 2500
Asked by for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500
- Are Cars Getting Scary Again?
- Honor, Courage, Commitment: Read Jacquie's Story About Finding A RepairPal Certified Shop When She Needed It Most
- True or False: Let Your Car Warm Up Before Driving
- The Best Holiday Gift Guide: 10 Automotive Gift Ideas For Just About Anyone
- Truck Cost of Ownership: Is your brand loyalty costing you?
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Estimates
- Alternator Replacement ($252 - $415) in Yuma, AZ
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Nenana, AK
- Heater Hose Replacement ($105 - $151) in Etoile, TX
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($490 - $731) in Walkersville, WV
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($70 - $94) in Derwent, OH
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($209 - $395) in Crosby, PA