Reviews for Volvo S70 years:

Volvo S70 Reviews and Owner Comments

Volvo S70Owner Reviews (14 reviews)
  • 2000 Volvo S70
    Visitor, Vernon Hills, IL, September 24, 2013 13:17
    we have almost 130000miles on it. however, there are issues with check engine light on around 80000miles cost m more than $1000 to repair the catalyst but the light back on after around 1 year. now the coolant light on, no clue what caused this after changing thermostat, sensor. there were back lights, side lights out, changed them.
    Visitor, Barrington, IL, October 14, 2012 05:35
    2nd owner. Have had it 12 years, 100k+ miles driven by me. All the usual problems of other s70s. 4 time volvo owner, but this is the last. Expensive parts as the car ages. $1000 every time I take it to the shop. Front wheel drive just not the same on the newer volvo cars and sadly nothing special. Not bad for a european car but others are better.
    Visitor, Madison, MS, January 14, 2012 11:21
    I am second owner, bought from medical supply salesman. Had 46,000 miles on it when I got it 12 years ago, Has 189,000 now. Have loved loved loved this car since the minute I laid eyes on it and drove it. Normal upkeep, except for those infamous Volvo brakes of course. Black, turbo, with rear spoiler, leather seats, sunroof. Oh my. Breaks my heart, but gonna have to give it up. Gigantic buck ran into me this week, caved the driver's side in. Raised two girls in that car. Just doesn't make economic sense to have it repaired. Can't afford another Volvo. Will always remain my favorite car ever.
    Visitor, Chicago, IL, November 13, 2011 15:23
    The coolant fan comes on automatically once I turn the ignition and the engine is cold. I replaced the thermostat. Whatelse could be wrong?
    Visitor, Castle Rock, CO, August 28, 2011 19:43
    Sadly we note with passing our beloved 1998 S70 T5! After 270,000 miles. Something about burning a valve. Up to this point, with the exception of burning through tires and replacing the AC once; it has fun flawlessly. We are the only owner. We bought it in Colorado, lived in Seattle, then Birmingham AL now back to Denver. It has seen everything from snow, heat, humidity, and lots of long road trips. Completely reliable. Now looking for an S80. Great car. Served us well. And yes we are experts at changing lights, front and back. No big deal, not a technical event. Good luck
    Visitor, Hartford, CT, January 30, 2011 05:27
    Many problems over the years. Now has 125K with multiple failures. Have pumped almost $4,000 into it. Waiting for the Optima hybrid to be released this spring. Never going Volvo again.
  • 2000 Volvo S70
    2hotrod, Grapevine, TX, June 09, 2010 11:49
    Leather always cracks in tx.Great gas milage. I have 140k.Run mobil 1 engine very strong. trans smooth.I love volvo safty design.
    Visitor, Penfield, NY, March 31, 2010 05:51
    Great running car at 256550 miles I still get 28mpg I've got my moneys worth. timing belt went last week with no warning so depending on repairs we will see if I will keep it. air conditioner needs to be replaced
    BigJohn1947, Katy, TX, August 12, 2009 07:46
    We have owned Volvo since new. Ongoing problems with tail light bulbs (since new). We just learn to live with it. Fixed a/c once ($2100 to remove dash). Love the passing power of GLT (turbo). Tons of war stories about great mileage. Once average +27 MPG over 3100 mile trip to AZ and back to TX. Most at TX freeway speeds +80. Just returned from WI pulling medium sized UHaul trailer. Plenty of power to tow. We are in process of buying different car (hate to see Volvo go) but it's getting long in the tooth. We're looking at Infiniti M35, Cadillac CTS and Genesis. JCP
    alabama352, Huntsville, AL, June 08, 2009 15:36
    Bought the 1999 Volvo S70 with 22k miles in 2006. Running great but needed new timing belt because of age. No problem. Love this car however it seems AC may be failing.
    RustyBill, Tarpon Springs, FL, March 22, 2009 08:50
    We have spend thousands of dollars on the 1999 volvo s70 turbo oxegyn sensors. We would like to disconnect them and on t dealwith them again. Is this possible? Each time it costs us $400.00 for the front and $400.00 for thw back. Any ideas what to do?
    volvodude, Los Angeles, CA, January 04, 2009 17:10
    I am the owner of this car. I have had no major problems keeping up with regular servicing. The brake lights seem to go out more than other cars but the replacement is cheap and easy to do myself.
    ejholloway, Los Angeles, CA, September 30, 2008 21:39
    I'm the only owner on this car. It's safe, reliable, solid. It's never once broken down on me. However, I've had ongoing problems with the electrical system and AC. There are always dashboard lights on despite it being in tip top shape. And I have to get the AC charged once every couple years.
    drumstick, Daphne, AL, September 01, 2008 06:34
    Despite problems, I love this car. After 160k, it's still tight as day one. I bought it when my daughter was 6, and now she's driving it, just as I planned. Just find a good tech. who knows his Volvos. They're different.