2006 Volvo S60 Problem Reports

Newest 2006 Volvo S60 Problem Reports

I have my 2006 Volvo s60 2.5t AWD serviced at the dealership per the recommended schedule in the Owner's Manual. Recently between the 37,500 and 45,000 mile service I noticed my "Coolant Level Low" light coming on about every 2 months but I park my car in a garage and have never seen any fluid leaking. I add the 50/50 coolant to the full level only to have to add it again in a few weeks. Today at my 45,000 service the Dealership tells me my ra...

The anti-lock brake system (ABS) warning light and/or other dash warning lights may illuminate due to a failed ABS Control Module. Replacement of the failed module is generally required to correct this concern.

The automatic transmission may develop shifting problems and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to internal component failure and/or software issues. It is always best to be sure the transmission control module has the latest software installed when any major transmission repair is performed.

The front control arm bushings wear out, resulting in alignment issues and squeaking and/or knocking noises from the front end. Worn bushings will require replacement.

It is not uncommon for the exterior light bulbs to burn out prematurely. No repair option has been reported other than replacing the failed bulb.

The upper engine mount may wear prematurely. Symptoms may include a harsh feeling when the transmission is shifting and roughness when the engine is idling. Worn engine mounts should be replaced as necessary.

Front upper strut mounts may wear prematurely, resulting in loud noise from the front of the vehicle when going over bumps.

The turbocharger return pipe seal may develop an oil leak. The leak can begin very small, but will eventually progress into a large leak. Our technicians recommend having this repaired at first signs of leakage.

Front and/or rear sway bar end links may wear out prematurely, causing a knocking noise from the front or rear of the vehicle when driving on bumpy roads. Our technicians recommend inspecting the links at each service, they should be replaced if any looseness is found.

Engine oil leaks from the PCV housing are common.

The steering wheel module (SWM) stops working, this affects the turn signals, horn, cruise control, and audio buttons on the steering wheel.