provided a jumpstart to another, drove home and after turning my car off it won't restart. disconnected the battery and charged it. connected the terminals and noticed the voltage drop. meter lead from negative terminal and engine block reads 12.69 volts. power was on again until the key was turned to start. heard a click from somewhere and all power was off. all fuses are ok, two relays under left side of dash appear to be ok. oh, had trouble months ago with after market viper security unit and dissabled that by removing a long contact bar which bypassed the units cut-off and the car started as normal. now where is the grounding fault?
voltage drop. no power after key hits start where is the short? on 1995 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Engine light illuminated intermittently.
- What would cause the engine to start and then cut-off after warming?
- Oil pan removal, i have all the bolts off, stuck on the automatic tranny cover,
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
1995 Honda Accord Estimates
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($292 - $485) in Chidester, AR
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($186 - $256) in Ralph, SD
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($107 - $138) in Fredericksburg, TX
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($404 - $496) in Bethlehem, IN
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($206 - $259) in Parkton, MD
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($485 - $1,534) in Heilwood, PA