provided a jumpstart to another, drove home and after turning my car off it won't restart. disconnected the battery and charged it. connected the terminals and noticed the voltage drop. meter lead from negative terminal and engine block reads 12.69 volts. power was on again until the key was turned to start. heard a click from somewhere and all power was off. all fuses are ok, two relays under left side of dash appear to be ok. oh, had trouble months ago with after market viper security unit and dissabled that by removing a long contact bar which bypassed the units cut-off and the car started as normal. now where is the grounding fault?
voltage drop. no power after key hits start where is the short? on 1995 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 1995 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- where does spring go on fuel filler door
- my car loses acceleration and then bucks catches and then lurches forward
- brake & tail lights stay on after car is off and lights are not turned on
- WHY: Car starts but stalls after 2 or 3 seconds. No check engine light.
- S light staying on, TCU blinking 4 long and then one short quick one?
1995 Honda Accord Estimates
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($138 - $181) in Chidester, AR
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($107 - $138) in Ralph, SD
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($327 - $489) in Fredericksburg, TX
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($90 - $194) in Bethlehem, IN
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($468 - $944) in Parkton, MD
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($624 - $669) in Heilwood, PA