Volkswagen Touareg Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Touareg
- What can be the cause of the vehicle not starting? Battery is new. Diagnostic ok
- The driver's seat will not move forward or backward. What could be wrong with it
- Looking for an independent VW specialty repair facility in Phila area specializing in the Touareg
- What causes my mechanic's computer not being able to read the codes from Touarie
- whats with the key battery's hardly used one and both went out at the same time
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
Volkswagen Touareg Problems
Condensation may develop in the heater case which can cause a musty odor from the heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) system. Our technicians tell us a cleaner is available for the heater case. Also, the drain system should be checked for debris.
A no start or stalling condition may develop do to a failing fuel pump. A faulty fuel pump will require replacement. Our technicians recommend to inspect internal fuel tank connections for leaks whenever replacing the fuel pump.
Volkswagen Touareg Questions
I replace the battery as the car would not start. This was not the cause. I took it to a VW dealer. They have checked all options and cannot find a fault. The engine does not crank at all
I have a VW Touareg V6, 2005; some time ago my check engine light came on. I received a reading from Autozone and was informed it was my O2 sensors. Months later I took "Touarie" to a mechanic and explained the issue -- he ran another test and it was not the O2 sensors but the mass airf...
Volkswagen Touareg Recalls
Certain hybrid vehicles were assembled with the incorrect information on the tire pressure label. Incorrect tire pressure can result in tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install a new label with the correct tire pressure information. This recall is expected to begin by April 29, 2011.
Volkswagen is recalling 2007–2009 Touareg models because the fastening struts on the roof edge spoiler may crack, causing the spoiler to become loose or even detach from the vehicle without warning. The spoiler could strike people outside the vehicle or become a road obstacle, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install reinforcement wedges to the roof edge spoiler free of charge.
Volkswagen Touareg Reviews
2008 and up Touareg's have numerous newly designed parts and so forth, and I am finding my 2008 Touareg (also called Touareg 2) is living up to the re-engineering. VR6 engine, overall driving experience, and interior are overall in excellent shape and performance at 50K miles. Great vehicle to buy as 3-5 year old certified preowned, with option to purchase extended warrenty afterwards, and re...
Great overall and I sold these in the Valley for a while so I know some inside gouge. The "Soft Touch" treatment looks great at first but does peel and looks bad after a few years. All major mechanical issues (rear diff locker and Xcase motor) were fixed under warranty with improved parts. Lost the A/C blower a few months ago but a very easy fix (DiY). A/C system leaves a bit to be desired i...
Worst car I have ever owned. Numerous manufacturing and design defects. VERY expensive to maintain and repair, terrible gal mileage. Spent 19 days at the dealership the first year, and still like to visit regularly. Some things are great, as they should be for a car that cost close to $50,000 in 2004. Electronics are particularly crappy.