Volkswagen Passat Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Passat
- My CDs in cd changer will not play and my cassette doesn't play either
- Hi, How much would repairing or replacing the front bumper cost? Thanks
- coolant fluid in holding tank seems leak out often from overflow tube car warm
- when we come to a stop, the engine accelerates but the car won't move.
- my vw passat 2003 1.8t is worring me the engine has run 170,000 miles. when driving i hear a racking sound in the engine like after a while it stop when i slow and to continue it happens. the car is automatic trasmission. what is wrong ? my mechanic says
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
Volkswagen Passat Problems
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module may fail causing the ABS light to illuminate. Failed modules should be replaced to restore ABS operation.
The digital display portion of the instrument cluster may fail. Our technicians tell us the entire instrument cluster will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
Volkswagen Passat Questions
my mechanic says the has lose power
driving they go off touch brakes it stops but let off brakes starts again (fuse?)
The car doesnt go, it just sits there and when i put it into drive it will start making a clicking sound. Then when i put it into park it will make the clicking sound go faster for a couple of seconds then stop. I read online that it could be an internal seal but i dont see why the car doesnt act...
Volkswagen Passat Recalls
Certain 2014 Volkswagen models equipped with the 1.8T engine and an automatic transmission are being recalled. A fluid leak can develop from a defective o-ring on the oil cooler where it mounts to the transmission. In some instances, the leaking transmission fluid could contact a hot surface resulting in a fire. Dealers will replace the oil cooler seals at the transmission to correct this concern.
Volkswagen is recalling 2009 Passat models because a damaged capacitor may cause the electromechanical steering gear control unit to malfunction. This may compromise the driver's steering input and cause vibration in the steering wheel, the steering system motor to shut off, audible warnings, and warning lights. Dealers will replace the steering gear in the affected vehicles.
The heat shield may become damaged and the fuel line/fuel tank ventilation valve may fracture and leak. Both of these conditions are potential fire hazards. Dealers will install an additional underbody heat shield and inspect and replace affected fuel components.
Volkswagen Passat Reviews
Perhaps I got a lemon, but this car has been trouble since day one.
After this car, I will not buy another VW! 4 years old and it has broken down 3 times in the last year and had to be towed in.
THIS VEHICLE IS NOT WORTH THE COST THAT ONE MUST PAY, ESPECIALLY A USED ONE AS THAT'S WHEN THE PROBLEMS START--APPROXIMATELY 75,000 MILES. AND WE ARE TALKING MAJOR PROBLEMS SUCH AS CATALYTIC CONVERTER REPLACEMENT, USED TURBO REPLACEMENT, TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS--RIGHT NOW MY VEHICLE IS SITTING IN A MECHANIC'S LOT AS I CANNOT AFFORD THE $2,800 TO REPLACE THE TRANS. SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS NOT BEING...