Volkswagen Passat Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Passat
- Big fan on the driver side quit, replaced and worked for 2 mins and then quit..
- Can a leaking valve cover gasket cause a cylinder misfire?
- what is problem with car that has oil in coolant reservoir and on oil stick
- Car won't start because brake pedal won't suppress
- the latch on back door is damaged to the point that the trunk door wont open
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Volkswagen Passat Problems
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module may fail causing the ABS light to illuminate. Failed modules should be replaced to restore ABS operation.
The digital display portion of the instrument cluster may fail. Our technicians tell us the entire instrument cluster will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
Volkswagen Passat Questions
sometimes, I am unable to open the trunk door and on other ocassions, I cannot close the door no matter how hard I press or pull down. It simply won't budge, Or sporadically, the trunk door will close on its own while I am standing there and taking out my groceries.
It's a car and on the right side of the cars there seems to be what looks to be a little light bulb
Volkswagen Passat Recalls
Certain 2014 Volkswagen models equipped with the 1.8T engine and an automatic transmission are being recalled. A fluid leak can develop from a defective o-ring on the oil cooler where it mounts to the transmission. In some instances, the leaking transmission fluid could contact a hot surface resulting in a fire. Dealers will replace the oil cooler seals at the transmission to correct this concern.
Volkswagen is recalling 2009 Passat models because a damaged capacitor may cause the electromechanical steering gear control unit to malfunction. This may compromise the driver's steering input and cause vibration in the steering wheel, the steering system motor to shut off, audible warnings, and warning lights. Dealers will replace the steering gear in the affected vehicles.
The heat shield may become damaged and the fuel line/fuel tank ventilation valve may fracture and leak. Both of these conditions are potential fire hazards. Dealers will install an additional underbody heat shield and inspect and replace affected fuel components.
Volkswagen Passat Reviews
Perhaps I got a lemon, but this car has been trouble since day one.
My 86k 2007 VW Passat engine siezed up 4 days after an oil change. I was driving, the oil pressure light came on, then immediately started making a loud noise, I immediately stopped the car and got it towed. I was notified by the dealer that there was sludge that caused low pressure and hence the engine siezing up. I had taken to car to the VW dealer I bought it at numerous times complainin...
After this car, I will not buy another VW! 4 years old and it has broken down 3 times in the last year and had to be towed in.