Reviews for Volkswagen Golf TDI years:

Volkswagen Golf TDI Reviews and Owner Comments

Volkswagen Golf TDIOwner Reviews (5 reviews)
  • 2000 Volkswagen Golf TDI
    Visitor, San Francisco, CA, November 29, 2012 16:57
    I own a 2000 Jetta diesel,last 6 years nothing but cost & headache. Diesel engine excellent on fuel but maintenance cost is high on the engine, poor quality parts, turbocharge, exhaust system build up, valve controls failed to open or close. Would I buy another VW car not likely.
  • 2006 Volkswagen Golf TDI
    icebox, Alvordton, OH, January 19, 2012 14:49
    the only problem I have with my 2006 golf TDI is the heater takes forever to heat up when it gets to minus 20 or more Im talking a good half hour. Anybody else ever had this problem.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Golf TDI
    Visitor, Portland, OR, January 11, 2011 22:32
    Economical to operate and I like the 10,000 mile oil change intervals, but it is a cheap interior and the repairs are quite expensive. I look forward to the diesel electric hybrid.
  • 2001 Volkswagen Golf TDI
    golftdi, Washington, DC, July 22, 2010 11:45
    Excellent handeling, great economy and decent power for a 90hp deisel engine. Repairs though over the last ten years, I would say are higher than average and more maintenance than a gas car. This car was originally recommended by Consumer's Reports but with all the problems it was later put on the not recommended list. I have to admit that the first three years had many problems but wer taken care of by the dealer. After these were taken care of the care has had it's regular worn out parts and maintenance is about average. Still driving with the original clutch and I do a lot of city driving. Great transmission.
  • 1999 Volkswagen Golf TDI
    Visitor, East Earl, PA, April 18, 2010 12:51
    Electrical system is troublesome.