Volkswagen Golf TDI Reviews

Volkswagen Golf TDI Reviews and Owner Comments

I own a 2000 Jetta diesel,last 6 years nothing but cost & headache. Diesel engine excellent on fuel but maintenance cost is high on the engine, poor quality parts, turbocharge, exhaust system build up, valve controls failed to open or close. Would I buy another VW car not likely.
the only problem I have with my 2006 golf TDI is the heater takes forever to heat up when it gets to minus 20 or more Im talking a good half hour. Anybody else ever had this problem.
Economical to operate and I like the 10,000 mile oil change intervals, but it is a cheap interior and the repairs are quite expensive. I look forward to the diesel electric hybrid.
Excellent handeling, great economy and decent power for a 90hp deisel engine. Repairs though over the last ten years, I would say are higher than average and more maintenance than a gas car. This car was originally recommended by Consumer's Reports but with all the problems it was later put on the not recommended list. I have to admit that the first three years had many problems but wer taken care of by the dealer. After these were taken care of the care has had it's regular worn out parts and maintenance is about average. Still driving with the original clutch and I do a lot of city driving. Great transmission.
Electrical system is troublesome.