Volkswagen Golf TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Golf TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- I have a 2000 tdi thast wont shift into high gear . Is therre a process for chec
- The light from the alternator is on Could it be the battery?
- How do I lock the driver side door if the electronic "fob" no longer works.
- flasher relay location on a volks golf tdi 2011
- My abs and engine light are on, and speedo, cruise control, trip control aren' t
Volkswagen Golf TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
Volkswagen Golf TDI Questions
I got a reconditioned one last month
Use key manually for ignition and to lock all the other doors, but I can't lock driver side door with it.
My abs and engine light are on, and speedo, cruise control, trip control aren' t working. Can i disable abs module without losing speedo, cruise control, trip control ? I don't mind losing abs.
Volkswagen Golf TDI Recalls
On the 2.0L TDI common rail Diesel engine/clean Diesel engine, fuel injection pulses could coincide with the natural frequency of injector line #2. This resonance creates additional stress on the fuel line. Small cracks could develop in the #2 injector line, resulting in a Diesel fuel leak. A fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will install an improved #2 fuel injector line and install vibration dampers on all of the injector lines to correct this concern. The Volkswagen/Audi recall number is 23J9/V5.
The caps to disable the headlight aiming screws may be installed in the incorrect positions. The cap for the horizontal aiming screw may have been installed on the vertical aiming screw. Improperly aimed headlights could cause reduced road visibility, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install and remove disabling caps as necessary to assure they are in their correct locations. This recall is expected to begin on October 31, 2007. The Volkswagen recall number is Q8.
Volkswagen Golf TDI Reviews
I own a 2000 Jetta diesel,last 6 years nothing but cost & headache. Diesel engine excellent on fuel but maintenance cost is high on the engine, poor quality parts, turbocharge, exhaust system build up, valve controls failed to open or close. Would I buy another VW car not likely.
the only problem I have with my 2006 golf TDI is the heater takes forever to heat up when it gets to minus 20 or more Im talking a good half hour. Anybody else ever had this problem.
Economical to operate and I like the 10,000 mile oil change intervals, but it is a cheap interior and the repairs are quite expensive. I look forward to the diesel electric hybrid.