Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Golf
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Engine Overheating Due to Damaged Water Pump Impeller
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- went through a puddle of water the car just stopped. unable to get any response
- Loud ticking sound from engine and oil light comes on, but oil level is full
- Electric windows auto open
- what could make my gear oil to get mixed with radiator water and stop gear opp.
- what could make my gear oil to get mixed with radiator water and stop gear selec
Volkswagen Golf Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
The engine may develop an overheating condition due to a damaged water pump impeller. Our technicians tell us the repair should include replacement of the water pump, thermostat, and flushing the cooling system.
Volkswagen Golf Questions
Gear not selecting (Automatic gear)
Working normally but after driving a long distance, if i parked, and start the wont start but kick will be rolling, will have to wait for 5 mins for it to start.
Volkswagen Golf Recalls
The driver's side air bag may not be powered due to a loss of electrical connection from the clock spring sliding contact in the steering wheel caused by contamination. Dealers will repair the vehicle free of charge.
The vehicle may fail to start, or stall while driving, due to a faulty fuel pump. The dealer will replace the fuel pump to resolve the concern.
The fuel rail is a tube that carries fuel to the fuel injectors. A sealing cap on the fuel rail may leak, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the affected fuel rail to correct this concern.
Volkswagen Golf Reviews
the fuel pump in my golf doesn't close right so the gas spills out and the whole car smells like gasoline. can somebody tell me how to fix it?
I own a VW golf4.I had keeped it in garage for several years.After I installed a new battry it doesent start.Ignation seems ok but no gas in the engine.I tooked off the gas return pipe and it is dry.Car hase only 5 thousand miles so nothing wear out and last time I started it wasn't any problem wit it. May gasoline get too old i filled up several years ago or pump get plugged? Can help me som...
I've had my 92 vw golf for 12 years, it's the best vehicle I ever had, aside from the normal upkeep (oil changes, tires, etc.) very little repair work needed on it.