Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Golf
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Engine Overheating Due to Damaged Water Pump Impeller
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Turns over twice then cuts out,then lights come back on but wont start
- Why is my car Miss Firing??
- headlight remains on when key removed at shut down .. also pointers on light bul
- 01 golf starts but has no headlights, directionals or heater.
- Is it normal for VW golf 4 2002 Diesel when i try to start it's take about 5 sec
Volkswagen Golf Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
The engine may develop an overheating condition due to a damaged water pump impeller. Our technicians tell us the repair should include replacement of the water pump, thermostat, and flushing the cooling system.
Volkswagen Golf Questions
Battery is brand new (just bought 2 weeks ago)..car started fine on sat and then on weds battery was dead. put cables on and it juiced right up but wouldn't continue turning over to the point of starting..
Well here's my dilemma... I drive a golf mk1 2l 8v turbo, the car was overhauled 2 weeks back... Today I saw my no 4 injector leaking from the rail, so I bought new injector seals and closed it up tight with no leaks! I drove 10km's with it and then I could hear busting noises in my exhau...
Volkswagen Golf Recalls
A sealing cap at the fuel rail may fail, allowing fuel to leak into the engine compartment, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel rail on affected vehicles to correct this concern.
The caps to disable the headlight aiming screws may be installed in the incorrect positions. The cap for the horizontal aiming screw may have been installed on the vertical aiming screw. Improperly aimed headlights could cause reduced road visibility, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install and remove disabling caps as necessary to assure they are in their correct locations. This recall is expected to begin on October 31, 2007. The Volkswagen recall number is Q8.
Volkswagen Golf Reviews
the fuel pump in my golf doesn't close right so the gas spills out and the whole car smells like gasoline. can somebody tell me how to fix it?
I own a VW golf4.I had keeped it in garage for several years.After I installed a new battry it doesent start.Ignation seems ok but no gas in the engine.I tooked off the gas return pipe and it is dry.Car hase only 5 thousand miles so nothing wear out and last time I started it wasn't any problem wit it. May gasoline get too old i filled up several years ago or pump get plugged? Can help me som...
I've had my 92 vw golf for 12 years, it's the best vehicle I ever had, aside from the normal upkeep (oil changes, tires, etc.) very little repair work needed on it.