Volkswagen EuroVan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen EuroVan
- Aging plastic components in cooling system may fail unexpectedly
- Clutch may fail prematurely due to throw out bearing breakdown
- Inspect Brakes at Every Service as Rear Brakes Wear Out Quickly
- Inspect CV Boots and Joints at Each Service
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- What's involved in getting a speedometer to work again?
- After long driving car won't idle and stalls but will drive if you keep on gas
- Where is the transmission relay switch located? Can I exchange it myself?
- What could be the problem with a 1995 Eurovan that starts, runs an d dies?
- Can you explain how this transmission issue would happen?
Volkswagen EuroVan Problems
Aging plastic components in the cooling system—including the connecting pipes to the radiator—can fail unexpectedly.
Due to the breakdown of the throw out bearing, premature clutch failure is common.
The rear brakes tend to wear out quickly; rotors may need replacement by the first brake job. Our technicians recommend that the brakes be inspected for wear regularly.
Volkswagen EuroVan Questions
The light is near the floor right side. Small light, maybe 2"x2.5". Battery drained, is this light supposed to be off, if so, how do I do it?
The heater/air condition controls do not light up. Are they suppose to? If so, where is the fuse box?
Whenever I lock the doors with key, they immediately unlock and remain unlocked. Do you know what may be causing this? It has never happened before and all of a sudden just started to act this way and does every attempt now. Suggestion(s) on how to repair?
Volkswagen EuroVan Recalls
Volkswagen EuroVan Reviews
I've not actually owned a Eurovan but I've worked on them for years and years as a technician at the VW dealer.The majority of the issues are maintenance items such as brake pad and rotor replacement , some coolant leaks and occasional electrical issues including check engine lights. Nothing really dificult to resolve. The owners love these cars for their utility , and space.I see them used for...
I'm now driving my second Eurovan. The first one I bought as a 2003 leftover off the lot. I owned it three month before getting t-boned by a 16 year old. The impact pushed the pillar in one foot into the cabin and knocked the wheels off the passenger side. I went out and hunted down probably the last new one in the Northeast. AC went, but VW replaced it. Very reliable, but little annoyances ca...
My 6th vw, 2beetles, 2 vanogans and now my 2nd eurovan. 2003, 89000 miles, easy but around town miles. have the 4th transmission being installed as I write. windshield almost fell out while driving, the weather stripping started looking 'funny' then went down hill in about a month! went to buy new tires and was told size discontinued!(third set) brakes have been done three times. all services h...