Volkswagen EuroVan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen EuroVan
- Aging plastic components in cooling system may fail unexpectedly
- Clutch may fail prematurely due to throw out bearing breakdown
- Inspect Brakes at Every Service as Rear Brakes Wear Out Quickly
- Inspect CV Boots and Joints at Each Service
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- My wife's 2000 eurovan continues to be hard starting and occasionally stalls..
- Recommend an experienced shop to replace the transmission in my 2003 Eurovan?
- I crank the starter a long time, then retry and it starts instantly.
- What does the ABS light coming on after driving a ways indicate?
- Any suggestions for erratic shifting in an automatic transmission?
Volkswagen EuroVan Problems
Aging plastic components in the cooling system—including the connecting pipes to the radiator—can fail unexpectedly.
Due to the breakdown of the throw out bearing, premature clutch failure is common.
The rear brakes tend to wear out quickly; rotors may need replacement by the first brake job. Our technicians recommend that the brakes be inspected for wear regularly.
Volkswagen EuroVan Questions
I'm pretty sure my sweet 03 Eurovan needs a new transmission and I think it's a tricky job to get right so I want a place with some experience with this vehicle to do the job. Can you recommend the best/most experienced shop in the west?
I'm in Marin County, and I have "warra...
The driver side exterior door handle stopped opening the door from the outside. The inside still worked fine. Shortly after (few weeks) it stopped working on the inside and the locks all engaged. When I try to open the door with the remote key thing, I have to open the car door within seconds ...
should I be looking at fuel pressure? pump? any other modules?
Volkswagen EuroVan Recalls
Volkswagen EuroVan Reviews
I've not actually owned a Eurovan but I've worked on them for years and years as a technician at the VW dealer.The majority of the issues are maintenance items such as brake pad and rotor replacement , some coolant leaks and occasional electrical issues including check engine lights. Nothing really dificult to resolve. The owners love these cars for their utility , and space.I see them used for...
I'm now driving my second Eurovan. The first one I bought as a 2003 leftover off the lot. I owned it three month before getting t-boned by a 16 year old. The impact pushed the pillar in one foot into the cabin and knocked the wheels off the passenger side. I went out and hunted down probably the last new one in the Northeast. AC went, but VW replaced it. Very reliable, but little annoyances ca...
I order my 1993 Eurovan MV 8 months before initial delivery to the states was scheduled. It has a manual 5speed transmission with 5 cylinder 2.5l engine. It has 230,000 miles and is going strong. Normal repairs on the running gear but the engine and transmission have never been opened. Superb vehicle for camping or work. It averages 25 to 27mpg after I replaced exhaust system with a Magnaflow ...