Reviews for Volkswagen Eos years:

Volkswagen Eos Reviews and Owner Comments

Volkswagen EosOwner Reviews (5 reviews)
  • 2009 Volkswagen Eos
    Visitor, Phoenix, AZ, February 27, 2013 15:19
    This "transformer" car gets comments and stares all the time, I love it; fast when you want to stomp on the turbo, good gas mileage when you go easy, back seats for the occasional passengers and 'some' trunk space, as well as it looks inconspicuous when the top is up, and still a hoot to drive. Complaints would be the premium gas requirement, occasional burping of the DSG transmission at low speeds (hesitation, etc) and the crazy new car prices, I bought used but still with the factory warranty.
    Visitor, Sarasota, FL, January 23, 2013 08:17
    I have a 2007 Volks EOS which I'm the original owner. Two years ago, I had a major water leak problem. My car was parked in Florida and when I came back from up north the car had two inches of water accumulated on the rear floorboard, soaked front floorboards and water in the trunk wheel tire well. The car was left unattended for about a month before coming across this issue. There was mold throughout the car. The leather seats were pitted from the mold. I took the car to the local VW dealer and with hesitation and only after having their regional tech review the issue did they completely re haul the interior and fixed the problem. I had contacted my insurance company and they were ready to total the car out due to the amount of damage done by the mold. Apparently, there are some serious issues with respect to drainage on the EOS. You could call me if you need further. Mike 941-549-2438
    hannahsiebels, Seattle, WA, January 02, 2013 12:09
    I too have had severe and continuing problems with water leakage. I bought my Eos new and have maintained it meticulously (including the roof seals) since I bought it. The first couple of years were spent dealing with persistent problems with the DSG transmission. The car was in the dealership about five times before they finally got it fixed (two Mechatronics units, clutch packs, faulty brake light sensor) and it is OK now but still not 100%. More recently the issue has been water. The first repair was chalked up to an internal drain tube that came loose. Then a year later they found multiple leaks due to drain problems, separated seals, wiring harness grommets, etc. that were all leaking. (The car is 5 years and four months old but only has about 28,000 miles on it.) To date VW has done the right thing and has picked up the tab for the repairs, which have involved more labor than parts. But now the car is leaking again and the VW dealer is telling me that we may be getting to the point at which VW is no longer going to pay. They told me candidly that they are seeing lots of these Eos' with significant water problems that the VW has been stonewalling lots of owners. I have just been in touch with VW corporate today and I am waiting to hear back about what they might be willing to do to make this car right.
    Visitor, Abingdon, MD, November 06, 2012 10:00
    I bought my 2008 EOS June 2011 and have had a lot of problems with water coming into the car (mostly passenger side). After hurricane Sandy (I live in suburbs of Maryland), my car was flooded with water. I had standing water in the floor on the front and back passanger side, water in the trunk wheel well and in between the door and panels. The dealer where I purchased the car is telling me that the EOS is not a water tight car...that water will get into it...really!!!??? Last year it took them 3 times to finally fix the problem (October 2011). Now this! They are telling me that it will cost me $1,100.00 to fix it (it is not under warranty). I feel that this is a defect and that VW should pay for the repair. Has anyone else had similar problems?
  • 2009 Volkswagen Eos
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, May 26, 2011 07:10
    I have 57,000 miles on my 2009 EOS. The car has worked perfectly for 2 and 1/2 years now and I love it... The most fun I have ever had while driving!!!