Reviews for Volkswagen CC years:

Volkswagen CC Reviews and Owner Comments

Volkswagen CCOwner Reviews (27 reviews)
    Visitor, Georgetown, TX, May 21, 2014 13:48
    I have had my 2011 VW CC and I am now over 80,000 on it. I brag about my CC as the most reliable, dependable car I have had. I plan on buying another. Sure there were minor issues on the way but maybe its the dealership and the way they handle their customers that I remain with my CC and the service department at the dealer. I plan on keeping her a little longer. Its a shame that we never know what we get with a car but I lucked out with this girl. Always complimented with her!
    Visitor, Pompano Beach, FL, May 15, 2014 11:45
    Oil is leaking out under passenger door on rocker panel. Reported to Volkswagen service and they said nothing to worry about. I'm concerned and it's on the paint.
    Visitor, Severna Park, MD, January 25, 2014 07:05
    At 62K miles the engine light came on. I took it to my local mechanic who diagnosed the problem as carbon buildup on the valves which they said that the intake manifold would have to be removed and the valves cleaned manually which they were not equipped to do. I took the cc to the VW dealer, they said the same thing and quoted me $300 to do an induction service (BG) or remove the intake manifold and manually clean the valves. They explained to me that this 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine has direct fuel injection into the combustion chamber so no fuel is flowing over the valves to keep them clean. The quote to do this was $800. I went to VW HQS and plead my case. They suggested i try the induction service and if it didn't work to call them back. This is what I did and the induction service didn't work so I went back to VW Hqs and they agreed to credit me the cost of the induction service towards the valve cleaning which I went ahead and had done. Total price $800 minus the credit of $300, it cost me $500. The dealer tried to tell me this problem in the fault of the poor gas quality but my opinion is that it is a design flaw and VW did not test the engine long enough for this problem to show up. There has to be a volume of owners out there experiencing the same problem. So if the group is large enough maybe someone can get something done to get VW to acknowledge the problem and reimburse us for this expense repair and engineer a fix for the future.
    Visitor, Belmar, NJ, July 18, 2013 05:32
    2009 cc lux 2 litre turbo bought new. Now > 4 years, with 53K on odometer. Only issues - Each rear bulb (4) needed replacement - easy enough to do thankfully. Interesting that after replacing with aftermarket bulbs no burnout issues. Also had one front headlight replaced by dealer @ $40. Original Continental tires (self sealing) became very noisy with wear and needed replacement at 40K. Replaced with Michelins and highly recommend for quieter, better ride and handling. Otherwise a solid car and a pleasure to get into and drive (when I can get it away from wife).
    Visitor, Henderson, NV, June 17, 2013 12:53
    Like one of the previous posters, I love my 2010 CC but find that I am CONSTANTLY replacing bulbs on this car. During my warranty period, the dealer often took care of them but now that I'm out of warranty, I'm on my own. I have a headlight (dip beam?) that is out. I made my appointment on Friday for service on Monday. Over the weekend, a brake light and another rear light went out. And that has been the story of this car. Fix one and another goes out and then another. Are the bulbs that bad or is this a symptom of the electrical system?
    Visitor, Noblesville, IN, April 11, 2013 15:39
    I bought my CC new in February of 2010 and it now has 136,000 miles on it. It is a blast to drive, has great power and handles like a jewel. I have had a major issue with the tires thought. I am now on my sixth set of tires. I have had three different types of tires installed, I've had it aligned three times. The car drives and handles great but with each set the tires start to howl like mud grips after the second rotation. This is a company vehicle and I'm required to follow the manufacturers suggested maintenance so the tires have been rotated every 10,000 miles with the oil. This is very frustrating because I love driving this car.
    Visitor, Laguna Niguel, CA, March 17, 2013 07:54
    I have a 2012 VW CC, which is one year old, and mechanically I have not had any real issues. I did have a tire pressure sensor go bad, but that was repaired. I rotate my tires every 5K and they are wearing perfectly. I have not had to balance the tires as there is absolutely no vibration to warrant that need. In years past with other cars I have had I have had to balance my tires at every rotation. I am amazed with the VW. My real issue has been with plastic on plastic squeaks in the center console. After many attempt so repair my console squeaks, I now have dash squeaks that replace the console squeaks. The squeaks are improved, but not perfect, and I do have concern they will return and might be weather related. If not for these squeaks I'd have a perfect car. If the squeaks return I am going to have to play hard ball on this issue.
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, February 14, 2013 13:53
    Just bought a 2010 cc LUX from a noted downtown dealer ,only 14,898 miles drove it 80 miles and enging broke down .Took back to dealer,s shop and they said it is a fuel injector leak that caused the problem, Ive read some other comments regarding this car and they are not cool I need some imput if not I,m go na return the car to the dealer. I had the caronly two days when problem occured BF
    Visitor, Southaven, MS, January 01, 2013 16:25
    have a 2013 volkswagon cc 5 months old and 6000 miles on it that is at the dealership now because the epc light ,check engine light and battery light came on and left me stranded 3 times this weekend... had towed to dealer ... will know tomorrow what happened
    closer2000, Severna Park, MD, October 11, 2012 10:28
    The suspension on these cars has an engineering problem. I bought the car new and at 30K all 4 tires were cupping and the dealer failed to bring this to my attnention at 10K service, 3 times. I took it back to the dealer and he said that the tires were the problem. I went to my mechanic and he checked the 4 wheel alignment and said that it appears the alignment was wrong when I bought the car. I went directly to VW and they agreed to replace 2 tires and I replaced the other 2 at my expense. In looking thru the internet it seem a lot a VW CC owners are having the same problem
    Visitor, East Providence, RI, August 21, 2012 19:38
    Anybody experience annoying rubbing sound coming from front end when vehicle makes left/right turn when the vehicle is wet from rain or other moisture. So far dealership replaced both left/right axles and CV joints and boot. Dealership cannot figure out problem after seven visits to dealership. Oh yeah the car only has 2800 miles on it.
    rich3864, Burnsville, MN, August 15, 2012 22:50
    wow most of all problems I hear from you guys makes me feel lucky, I have 1 very annoying issue that drives me up the wall, only because I love my music to keep me sane with all the road rage going on. AM or FM cuts out very frequent like I would be going through tunnels like Lawrey Tunnel in MPLS Minn. this happens any where anytime no tunnels in sight. VW Burnsville has replaced whole radio and power booster. no change and VW believes it station problem!!I have a 2012 VW CC lux model. any suggestions ??
    Visitor, Palm Beach, FL, August 01, 2012 16:31
    i have taken this car with only 3000 miles to the repair shop(dealership) 7 times because the freon leaks out and hot air comes out of the dash board vent. I was told that they will not replace the ac...i just have to wait for it to run its course and eat through all the hoses which they are happy to replace. Love the car but very dissapointed so far in customer service
    Visitor, Belmar, NJ, July 09, 2012 18:49
    Owned since new Apr 2009. Two rear tail lights replaced. Everything else has been perfect. Conti tires are getting noisy and need replacement (at 40K miles). Highway mileage over 34mpg if kept under 75 mph on a trip. Use 89 octane gas in place of premium with little effect on drivability.
    Visitor, Newark, NJ, July 05, 2012 12:44
    I have the VW CC 2012. I purchased it last summer in September. It's now July of 2012 and the air conditioning system has failed TWICE. Our dealer has been great on the repairs. I believe the freon is leaking out and the cause is a leaky valve. Has anyone else had this problem or their new CC VW? There have been no recalls on the car as far as I know.
    Visitor, Santa Rosa, CA, June 29, 2012 20:11
    You fall in love with the styling, then you discover the reality of the mechanical side, over time. Overall, quite good to date. Bought my CC Sport with std. 2.0T 6-spd. A/T used with under 10K for a good price. Aside from the suspension which jars you awake over sharp bumps and a persnickety heater, the car has driven and performed extremely well. Those with automatics will want to check with the dealer for a flow value fix that apparently corrects the very low speed repetitive lurching particularly from a stop to slow acceleration. Just had it done today, will report back. Std. Continental tires seem to be wearing a bit fast, tho evenly. Overall, it's one sexy head-turner... and cheaper than a mistress.
    Visitor, Trenton, NJ, March 27, 2012 06:47
    Took my CC in for the recall and two weeks later my battery died. After paying 170 for a new battery plus service, two months later, the battery died yet again. There were no light left on in the car. Not pleased at all with this issue. I've had several Nissans and not once did a battery die.
    Visitor, Bakersfield, CA, March 25, 2012 17:58
    Before i got my cc i had a 05 jetta and i never had to replace the tail lights but after having my cc for 6 months the right tail light went out the dealership charged me $40 bucks to replace it then about 2 days after that the left one went out so i went to auto zone and bought bulbs for like $5 bucks and fixed it my self and now about 3 months later the right one is out again im really not sure what the problem is and why they are burning out so fast but its pretty annoying also just recently my airbag light came on i have no idea why ive never been in an accident or messed with the motor
    Visitor, Royal Oak, MI, January 10, 2012 12:12
    I bought this car in July 2009. I have had nothing but problems with it. I have had all the routine maintenance on this car. At the 20k mile maintenance, I got the car back and it broke down on me & left me stranded. I had to have it towed back to Vw. They replaced the #3Fuel injector. Then at 30k miles, sure enough got it back and again I had the same problem. Broke down, and again had it towed back to Vw. They again replaced the #3 Fuel Injector. I have switched dealerships for service & now drive 15miles out of my way to the next closest Vw dealership for service. I also have had to replace my tires on this car twice. My car started to get super noisy at 21k miles & I took it in to the dealership & an independent repair shop to make sure I was getting the same story. My tires were feathering and cupping on the inside. I finally replaced the tires at 34k miles & had an alignment performed. Sure enough 8k miles later the noise was back. same problem my tires were feathering & cupped. Finally 5k miles later after I couldn't take the noise, I replaced the tires again and I also had another alignment. It gets better.. The day I pick my car up from service my engine light comes on. Back to the dealership again... This time its the Intake Control Valve/Intake Manifold. In the 2 1/2 years I have owned this car it has been in the shop more then I have driven it. & my last minor issues is the bulbs in the tail lights seem to go out continuously. I actually keep replacement bulbs in my trunk. I have also had to replace a headlamp bulb!
    Visitor, Buffalo, NY, November 23, 2011 17:37
    After - Reading and Thinking about all the Idiots - that don't Look after Their Car in the Proper Manner ! I Thought I'll Ad some Insight . 1. First Always have VW do all the Aligments and Adjustments in the First 15,000 miles Period ! 2. Always Torque the Wheels Lighter then Recommended , Why ? Look It Up there is a Difference between Tq. Dry & Tq Wet = Grease You better have Grease on all Hubs ,Behind all Rotors Hats, and all Lugs. 3. If the Rotors are Warped and Your Pads still have 55% - which My Pads do at 70,000 miles Your Rotors are Cover ! Why ? As they are Engineered to NOT WARP ! / Got It ! 4. If Your Battery Died it's only because Grounds and Battery Clamp Straps Loosened Up ! Why mostly all the Heat & Cooling Cycles ! Period - Then When You go to get a Battery Checked Out The Tech is More then Happy to Remove the Battery from Your POCKET - Idiot ! Why ? Don't Believe these Service Writers ! 5. Tires - like most Disposable items that come on Cars today - those Parts are not the Best - so Get Great Tires as there Cheap Insurance - My Conti's Exstreams DWS all seasons went 50,000 miles and I got 1 alignment ( New ) & 2 Rotations during Life . 6. Plugs - Best Plugs $40.00 Bucks and Did those Myself ! VW CC - VW wanted $175.00 --- LOL
    Visitor, Anna, TX, October 14, 2011 11:24
    After 10,000 miles on my 2010 CC, the car acted like it was in neutral after making a right turn. I took it in and they said there was some kind of recall. After having 19,000 miles on it, it happened again. This time they told me they forgot to set a transmission factory setting. Having the car now a year and a half (30,000 miles) I was told my front tires needed to be replaced and that I needed an alignment. Less than a month later, my battery died (they only cover up to 24,000 miles). Now I've noticed that when I'm driving on a curve it feels like my back end is not following behind me (feels like it wiggles or something). This is the most I've spent on a car and couldn't be more disappointed.
    Visitor, Beecher, IL, July 20, 2011 17:53
    I have a 2009 volkswagon CC and the tires have been a nightmare. Replaced initial tires at 45,000 miles and now after 10,000 miles tires are cupping. VW no help said did not get it realigned in timely manner. Two sets of tires with the same problem and alignment problems don't cause cupping!Team Volkswagon of Indiana thinks people are stupid and would never get another car there again. Something is definitely wrong with this car and need to find a dealer I can trust. Had wheel bearing changed and probably did not even need this. Love the look of my car but the ride is terrible and would not recommend this car.
    Visitor, Forest Hills, NY, May 10, 2011 05:00
    While I love the peppiness and look of my CC, I noticed (and included it in my JD Powers Survey) that the car very occassionally "hesitated" on acceleration. It happened while merging into traffic from on-ramps at about 0-5mph trying to merge. Car would halt momentarily and then jerk forward. The first two times it happened, it immediately corrected itself. I took it in to the VW dealership for it's first check and they couldn't find anything wrong. Next incident happened a month later and was far scarier, the car jerked to a stop 3x on acceleration to merge and I almost got hit by another car. Made an appointment to bring it in, but before my appointment, I was stopped at a red light and the car stalled when I tried to go when it turned green. Subsequent attempts to start the car were successful, but the car stalled every time I tried to put the car in gear. It's currently at a dealership and they can not identify the problem though they have repeated the symptom. The car was purchased new, with 2 miles on it, and currently has a 3889 miles on it. This is why I can't rate the drive train, engine or electrical at this point.
    Visitor, Sterling Heights, MI, April 23, 2011 10:27
    Have had my 2010 CC for 15 mos...tires are ruined. At the 20K rotation, I was told no unusual wear (they did not show me, just told me...they also did not make that note on their report). At 30K rotation I was told that I had uneven wear and needed all four wheels aligned, but not to worry, I had plenty of tread, but my car was going to be noisy for awhile!!! The car now sounds like a tank. Upon some independent research and homework I have eliminated all elements that I can find to blame this wear (cupped tires, all four inside) on alignment. Actually had an alignment (on machine) and was told I did not need an alignment, it was a suspension problem. So I went to a suspension expert...no suspension problem, only junk tires. VW Dealer would not perform an alignment evaluation (to generate a report) unless I paid for it, but told me that I absolutely needed all 4 wheels aligned. (The wear pattern does not support). Long story short, after days and hours of my personal time, the neutral parties have concluded that these tires are not spec'd properly for this vehicle. This will be a battle I am sure. Next...worst HVAC system I have ever had in a car. If it's really cold out, it takes forever for the vehicle to heat up. Once it's there, it's fine. Fun car to drive until it turned into a tank.
    monkeytoesbme, Huntsville, AL, September 30, 2010 09:14
    If you are thinking about getting a VW CC Sport. Insist they put tires on the vehicle that are not Continental. My car had 3 sets within 3 months because the Continental does not work with this car. We test drove other CC and they all had the same vibration at highway speed! Make sure your cell phone is on the list of compatiable phones. Their list is short and if you have problems, that is their first excuse instead of fixing it. I know this sounds strange but on your test drive if you are serious about this car, insist they take it through a car wash and make sure the back windows don't leak. Both of mine do and they can't get it fixed. Design flaw, I am sure! The braking system is the best I have ever had! Stops on a dime with total control. I have a manual 6 speed which is so much fun to drive but it takes a bit to get the turbo to kick in and then there are some serious hesitations in it. The heater seems to have one temp, HOT! There isn't much difference between the cold and hot. I haven't had it checked but it might be broke too. Use extreme caution when puchasing this vehicle. If you have problems VW of America is great with excuses but terrible about fixing the problem. I bought mine June 14, 2010, and it has been in the shop for repair 35 days.
    Visitor, Franklin, TN, July 14, 2010 18:32
    We also have issues with alignment on the CC. Need to replace the Continetal tires already! Have only had the car since Feb 09. Enjoying the car so far and its looks turn a lot of heads because people can't fingure out what model the car is.
    imUPSET2, Culpeper, VA, June 18, 2010 10:55
    Although this car has a great body style, it still has a serious issue with alignment , I have already worn out a set of 4 stock Continental tires from bad toe alignment, the car was brought in March 09, Volkswagon need to have a MASSIVE recall of these cars b4 something happens they will have to apologize for ,remember Toyota ???