Reviews for Volkswagen Beetle TDI years:

Volkswagen Beetle TDI Reviews and Owner Comments

Volkswagen Beetle TDIOwner Reviews (7 reviews)
  • 2000 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
    ruthiejoin, Jackson, OH, December 26, 2012 14:26
    All of a sudden I am experiencing the car fogging up inside and the defrost and heater will neither one clear it up. I had a mechanic and a glass company look at it and neither found any glass or mechanical leaks. The glass co. said it might be some break in the body of the car letting moisture in otherwise he can't think of anything else. car in good condition except biggest problem I have had is replaceing the alternator. They said they had to pull the front end off to replace it. very expensive, however I dont know if that would cause fogging inside my vehicle. Afraid to take it out in the damp rain and fog. no use to me at all during this type of weather.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
    Visitor, Fort Worth, TX, May 17, 2012 15:55
    I just bought this 2002 Beetle GLS TDI (Black w/Tan Leather Int) from my niece. She has had for about a year and a half. The car has a 195000 miles and the A/C was not working(bad Compressor). She always changed the oil on time and kept it clean. She decided to trade it in for a 2008 Nissan Altima. Carmax said they would give her $1700.00 for her car. Thank God she didn't have her title. She was needing a little money I paid her $2500.00 for the car. I still got a great deal. I put about $1000.00 in the car. New Tires 225x55 Over/size and I put a new A/C compressor. I been offered $5000.00 and I almost said yes and keep the profit. I have owned a couple of Mercedes Diesel and they ran great even when I sold them with 300k + miles on them. So I was not worried about the mileage on the car. The one thing I hated about the Interior is the Cup Holders and that stupid P.O.S. Center Console. I will replace with the newer model console. More I drove the car the more I like it. I'm buzzing around town having fun and getting 38 MPG in town. It is great to have fun driving and not costing much. My others Cars 1997 Mercedes SL500, 2003 Toyota Tundra, 2008 Toyota FJ Cruser, 1949 Chevy P.U. Truck and 1930 Model A Ford car 4 door. Like I really needed another CAR. I'm impressed with the 2002 Beetle GLS TDI.
  • 2006 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
    Bens Mechanical, Seattle, WA, April 20, 2012 18:34
    Person with signal light problem. With allot of cars if the bulb(s) are not working the flasher wil click once and then stay on, by the sounds of it, you have a bulb problem, or corrsion on wires. Take the bulbs out make sure there is no corrosion in the sockets, when replacing them put a little grease on the contacts
  • 1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
    Visitor, Sweet Grass, MT, January 18, 2012 19:16
    I purchased my 1999 New Beetle used in 05. It has been a wonderful and faithful vehicle. It has approximately 300,000 km on it and still runs and rides well. There has been regular maintenance issues but nothing that has been costly to fix. I find that small issues with the beetle are the most frustrating. I have been having troubles with my turn signals for the past 3-4 years and no one seems to be able to find the problem. Recently the signals will turn on but will not flash and the same with the hazard lights. I have just had the flasher button replaced, since I was told this was the problem, but no luck. The signals will give a flash or two and then just stay lit. As long as the car is housed out of the cold the signals seem to work better than if it sits out in the cold. Not sure there is a connection but since I now live in NE Alberta, Canada, I am beginning to think this could be true. We experience temps of -28 to -44. I keep it plugged in if I need to travel and it never fails to start. It is a wonderful little car and I have never regretted buying it. That being said if anyone can help me out with the turn signal issue I would truly appreciate it.
  • 2006 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
    BitsyB, Moss Point, MS, August 16, 2011 12:40
    I had the 1999 Beetle and now I have the 2006 TDI Beetle. It is a fun car to drive. More pick up and go. It weights more which I think helps it to hold the road better. More interior room in the TDI. The AC is not the best, but it is workable. It has a good radio, just wish it had the touch screen and navigation system too. I plan to keep this car forever. I may get a second car to drive, but the Beetle will always be my favorite.
  • 2000 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
    Visitor, Lafayette, NJ, December 05, 2010 14:52
    170k miles, car now has rebuilt trans, all components are in good service, with routine maintenece
  • 2005 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
    Visitor, Mountain Home, AR, December 05, 2010 14:51
    I bought this car used. It is so much fun to drive. Gets great fuel mileage. Plenty of leg and head room. The only complaint that I have is that its sits very close to the ground and you really have to be careful on slopes. I love it. Yeah, I'm a chick and they say it's a chick car. Oh well.