Volkswagen Beetle Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Beetle
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Check Engine Light Due to Ignition Component/Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Failure
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Mass Air Flow Sensor May Fail
- Will the coolant temperature sensor have anything to do with cabin air
- My car has been doing a chugging motion on and off
- When i started it, it made a loud noise then died . Did this twice .
- my signal lights will not work on the dash or on the outside.can someone let me know why? the fuses are fine
- Starts but shuts right back down
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
Volkswagen Beetle Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
Volkswagen Beetle Questions
car has been overheating, seem to have that solved. But now have warm heat at idle and cool air when driving. WP, thermastat and housing, coolant cap, flush and heater core flushed/back flushed.
My mechanic says it is not the bulbs. It is somewhere in the harness. Replacing the whole assembly for both is 1000.00
There has to be a less expensive way to deal with poor design. Any suggestions?
Volkswagen Beetle Recalls
If a rear suspension trailing arm becomes bent, its durability may be compromised and it could break unexpectedly. If this were to occur vehicle control would be affected, increasing the risk of a crash. When parts become available, dealers will install a sheet metal inlay on each of the rear axle trailing arms to prevent sudden loss of vehicle control should a rear trailing arm suddenly break.
When driving over a rough road or striking a pothole the sunroof glass can break. This would be a distraction to the driver, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replaced the sunroof in affected vehicles to correct this concern.
Certain 2014 Volkswagen models equipped with the 1.8T engine and an automatic transmission are being recalled. A fluid leak can develop from a defective o-ring on the oil cooler where it mounts to the transmission. In some instances, the leaking transmission fluid could contact a hot surface resulting in a fire. Dealers will replace the oil cooler seals at the transmission to correct this concern.
Volkswagen Beetle Reviews
FIRST OFF...NEGLECT..THATS what MOST of these stories are about....! Not the Vehicle...but the OWNER!!!! EVERY CAR...will have problems..thats WHY we have..PREVENTITIVE MEASURES! GET a BOOK...a GOOD BOOK..say a Bently V W Book,...read it..get to know your VW..as I did my Rifle in the Marines...it,s YOUR Friend..it takes you everywhere YOU wanna go BUT..treat it BAD..and soon..it wont like you! ...
I will NEVER buy a Volkswagen car again - this car has been the biggest financial burden of my life... I bought it used, I've had it for 6 years - it has 180,000 miles on it... it is absolutely worthless. I have a major repair on it every other month - each one costing at the very least $1000... the electrical system is completely screwed - lights and functions go out constantly. The tie rod e...
This car has always been my dream car and boy it wake me up from my dream real fast. This car will make you spend a lot of money if you're not careful. It's good for short distances but I would never drive my car from Arkansas to Texas. I've had so many problems out of my car since the day I got it. You know the old lingo "lemon" well my car is bright yellow and yes I did buy a lemon. It's a wa...