Vibration through frame, and moderate clanking noises under the hood suddenly occur while driving the car, which clear up after I stop the car and restart the motor. It works smoothly then upon restarting , but it happens again after a day or two, particularly after a road bump . The car does not overheat, the battery does not go flat, no electrical deficit occurs, the heating works well and the AC also. The car otherwise works fine between episodes. I have 55k miles on it. Timing belt change time? It is very cold here in the NE ;cracked motor mount? Is it an emergency? Dealer or any mechanic can do? Thank you folks
vibrations on 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante
by burroviejo in Bronx, NY on February 12, 2011
1 answerDecember 20, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Mitsubishi Diamante Questions
- My vehicle sometimes makes a tapping noise when driving then one day it turned off on me while at a signal light
- what is the rattling sound in my motor when i select any gear. it sounds hideous. sounds like the motor is gonna blow up. oil level etc are all good. only when in gear. park or neutral doesn't do it.
- What Mitsubishi starters are compatible with 94 diamante?
- Where is the vaccum hose located?
- I am trying to do a repair in the water cooling system. I need to remove the water cooling pipe and don't want to remove the engine parts. Is there an easier way to remove and replace the pipe? If so how should I do it?