Two problems: 1)Noticable vibration at 2000 rpm in Park. Noise heard about 65-70 mph like a harmonic sound (clothes washer sound). Tires have been replaced. 90K service performed in November including all belts, timing belt.
vibration, engine noise on 1999 Lexus SC400
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Familymechanic ,
March 27, 2010
Possible Exhaust loose or exhaust manifold. good luck
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus SC400 Questions
- Car won't start. Battery is good. Makes clicking sound when key is turns on.
- Help me please! Can't get the car to shift out of park after it started.
- my sunroof won;t open when I push the button it shifts and little
- Start up issues
- both windows wont roll down. i changed the switches and checked the 2 fuses
1999 Lexus SC400 Estimates
- 37,500 Mile Service ($91 - 166) in Frankford, DE
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($261 - 368) in York, NE
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($391 - 1,046) in Carnegie, PA
- 15,000 Mile Service ($179 - 277) in Conklin, NY
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($70 - 89) in Liberty, NY
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($532 - 629) in Haddon Township, NJ