This car develops a vibration over 60 mph when I begin to ascend a slight rise in the road. I cannot use the cruise control because of the shaking. I have been told that I need a replacement transmission and a new torque converter but my sense is that the transmission is fine. What does my car need?
Vibration at speed over 60 mph? on 1998 Mercedes-Benz S500
Asked by for the 1998 Mercedes-Benz S500
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz S500 Questions
- There is "SRS" lit up on my dash. Wat does it mean and wat causes it?
- I'm loosing oil after air compressor went out
- My heater blows in front hot but in the back it blows cold. Why is that?
- Cuts off at lights and stop signs
- i need sway bar & links, control arms and caster bushings. which is most crucial
1998 Mercedes-Benz S500 Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in North Springfield, PA
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Prudenville, MI
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($691 - $890) in Hooks, TX
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($419 - $554) in Prattsville, AR
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($968 - $1,065) in Hettick, IL
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($340 - $368) in Harrod, OH