It is rear wheel drive and I have replaced the front wheel inner and outer bearings, and the rack and pinion assembly also had the front end aligned and tires balanced twice. I still get a very bad shaking at the steering wheel mostly between 65 and 75. What else can it be?
Very bad Front end shaking vibration between 60 and 80 on 2001 Nissan Pathfinder
Asked by for the 2001 Nissan Pathfinder
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by camplain auto ,
June 10, 2010
check tires for out of round or balancing
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Pathfinder Questions
- When going around curves my pathfinder bounces or sways.What causes this?
- My car cranks but won't start after replacing the battery
- Is it possible to be getting spark but still have a bad distributor?
- Why won't it start? Turns over great but no start. New fuel pump already.
- how do i remove the transmission oil pump from my transmission? Auto 4x4
2001 Nissan Pathfinder Estimates
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($220 - $273) in Chesterfield, MO
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Buena Vista, VA
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($537 - $687) in Earth, TX
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($238 - $380) in Sugarloaf, PA
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($419 - $732) in Brandamore, PA
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($1,023 - $1,239) in Lisbon Falls, ME