An Emissions repair shop charges me $330 for a guarantee to pass job, which I can't afford. I'm a mechanic my self, do not certified nor specialize in emissions, but this particular car has me in check engine. Now I do the on-off ignition switch self diagnose and I'm getting; "Cruise Set Door Trip 88888.8". I'm going to take the "Certified Emissions Inspector" course, ASAP, But in the mean time I really need help with my car. I'm thinking of getting a PCM from the pull-it yourself junk yard, for about $15-$20 bucks. But I don't know if the ADEQ will accept that and allow me to return to tha emissions station. So far I haven't been able to reach anyone at the ADEQ by phone.
Vehicle Rejection Notice, Excessive Unreadiness? Can I just change the PCM? on 2001 Dodge Neon
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Neon Questions
- Why does my car over heat when using the blinkers?
- Car don't overheat but water gargles after ya drive it?
- We just changed the rear wheel bearings and now the brake pedal has no pressure and my car has no brakes...what happened?
- My car isn't shifting out of first and it's RPMs are reading high??
- Had timing belt brake and well caused to have new motor put in .bent rod,heads would have to be shaved. Was a new motor the right choice total cost 1000.00.