Replaced cam sensor,fuel pump,plugs,coil and noticed i was getting higher spark in #123 when i tested them on the side of engine block,but plugs where loaded with gas as if it was not firing.#4 plug had normal heat range.The car cuts right out when you take off.Only starts back up next day when you jump off another car.Could my plug wires be bad.I have never heard of a car doing this.Or is the injector unit/rail gone?
vehicle question about my escort.Won`t start? on 2000 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 2000 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Can u place any Ford radiator that fits on the Ford escort 95??
- My radio does not work. I replaced it and it still doesn't work. The fuse is OK
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
2000 Ford Escort Estimates
- PCV Valve Replacement ($34 - $46) in Milan, OH
- Air Filter Replacement ($37 - $66) in Lytton, IA
- Water Pump Replacement ($389 - $511) in Vermontville, NY
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($262 - $530) in Mount Olivet, KY
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($90 - $103) in Accomac, VA
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($72 - $118) in Oxon Hill, MD