Replaced cam sensor,fuel pump,plugs,coil and noticed i was getting higher spark in #123 when i tested them on the side of engine block,but plugs where loaded with gas as if it was not firing.#4 plug had normal heat range.The car cuts right out when you take off.Only starts back up next day when you jump off another car.Could my plug wires be bad.I have never heard of a car doing this.Or is the injector unit/rail gone?
vehicle question about my escort.Won`t start? on 2000 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
2000 Ford Escort Estimates
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($295 - 422) in Milan, OH
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($303 - 416) in Lytton, IA
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Vermontville, NY
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($124 - 187) in Mount Olivet, KY
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($204 - 249) in Accomac, VA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($168 - 240) in Oxon Hill, MD