Replaced cam sensor,fuel pump,plugs,coil and noticed i was getting higher spark in #123 when i tested them on the side of engine block,but plugs where loaded with gas as if it was not firing.#4 plug had normal heat range.The car cuts right out when you take off.Only starts back up next day when you jump off another car.Could my plug wires be bad.I have never heard of a car doing this.Or is the injector unit/rail gone?
vehicle question about my escort.Won`t start? on 2000 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
2000 Ford Escort Estimates
- 15,000 Mile Service ($132 - 194) in Milan, OH
- EGR Valve Replacement ($154 - 229) in Lytton, IA
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($214 - 367) in Vermontville, NY
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($284 - 365) in Mount Olivet, KY
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($168 - 240) in Accomac, VA
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($118 - 214) in Oxon Hill, MD