Replaced cam sensor,fuel pump,plugs,coil and noticed i was getting higher spark in #123 when i tested them on the side of engine block,but plugs where loaded with gas as if it was not firing.#4 plug had normal heat range.The car cuts right out when you take off.Only starts back up next day when you jump off another car.Could my plug wires be bad.I have never heard of a car doing this.Or is the injector unit/rail gone?
vehicle question about my escort.Won`t start? on 2000 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 2000 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- The car starts fine when cold but after it warms up it I have trouble starting
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
- What could cause my vehicle to want to die out at a stop and not want to start?
2000 Ford Escort Estimates
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($44 - $60) in Milan, OH
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($279 - $377) in Lytton, IA
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - $56) in Vermontville, NY
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($75 - $109) in Mount Olivet, KY
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($149 - $175) in Accomac, VA
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Oxon Hill, MD