My van is a '97 grand voyager and has 185k miles on it. Back in Nov '08 I took it to the repair shop because it would not start. It sounded as if it the fuel line was clogged when trying to start. The repair shop said when they ran a diagnostic scan the only thing that showed up was that the cam shaft sensor needed replaced. After picking it up from the shop it continued to do the same so I took it back and they replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter which still did not fix the problem. They since have tried flashing the computer,changing the cam shaft sensor and repalced the fuel pump a second time which was to no avail.The van still stalls when coming to a stop and first thing in the am when starting to go to work. It will also try to cut out on me every once in a while as I'm driving on the highway at 50mph. You can feel the engine try to cut out and the tach and spedometer will drop down to 0 and then pop bqck up to normal speed. Any idea what is going on as this is very frustrating. My guy at the shop says that it something I probably will have to live with since they obviously cannot pinpoint the problem which I don't believe. I have spent roughly $800 to date for something that has not worked. Any suggestions?
VAN STALLING on 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager
1 answerMay 17, 2011
1 answerJuly 25, 2010
1 answerSeptember 02, 2011
1 answerJuly 19, 2010
1 answerAugust 05, 2014
- 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Repair and Maintenance
- 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Maintenance Schedule
- 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Problems(29)
- 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Repair Estimates
- 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Q&A(50)
- 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Recalls(5)
- 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Shops
- 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Reviews(1)
This week's top 10
Recent Plymouth Grand Voyager Questions
- washed motor now it wont start. battery is new. no spark or gas please help
- When A/C is on, front blows cold air but rear blows hot air through lower vents.
- transmission shifter is stuck in park
- Where can the wiring for the rear power windows be disconnected ?
- how much should it cost to replace the shift cable?
1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($503 - 684) in Portola, CA
- Heater Hose Replacement ($114 - 162) in Battle Ground, IN
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($589 - 793) in Bradley, FL
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Porter, MN
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - 111) in Whittemore, IA
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($559 - 1,895) in East Williamson, NY