can the valve seals be replaced w/o removing the heads
valve seals on 1993 Toyota 4Runner
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
November 06, 2009
Yes, I have done it on a few vehicles, but it is a VERY, VERY delicate job for a Pro. You need a very reliable way to keep the cylinder pressurized with air and the crank shaft and camshafts to be held in a locked top dead center position for each cylinder as the valve seals are replaced. Of course you need the proper valve spring compression tools.
Verified for the Toyota 4Runner7 reports
1 answerJune 02, 2011
2 answersSeptember 11, 2009
3 answersAugust 28, 2011
2 answersNovember 21, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- Eng Trac off vsc light is on I can take cable off batt it go off sho no code?
- Side to side wobble under 8 mph. Steering wheel not jerking.
- I have cylender that is. Not firing and when taking ng off heads #1 was like ne
- Will not start when cold temperature, what will cause that
- Shift to "D" -> Very weak pullup -> Chekengine light on.
1993 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- AC Compressor Replacement ($664 - 918) in Woodsboro, TX
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($146 - 197) in Saint Charles, MN
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($279 - 359) in Rough and Ready, CA
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($251 - 354) in Ambrose, ND
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($118 - 150) in Scotland, AR
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($29 - 48) in Blowing Rock, NC