My 1998 Buiok Century has about 86,000 miles on it. On a cold start up, I have noticed that there seems to be what I think is valve rattle noise for about 4 or 5 minutes, then it subsides. Is this normal? Do you think adjustment of the valve lash is called for? Can a do it yourselfer even do that anymore? I'm getting about 20mpg combined, which I think is low. Thank you.
Valve noise on initial start up, is that normal? on 1998 Buick Century
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Century Questions
- Starter good battery good but can't figure out why it won't turn over to start
- what size is the power steering high pressure hose
- So my car will reverse but won't drive while its in drive?
- Car wouldn't start, clicking noise like dead battery, alternator?
- How do I get my dashboard to function properly again?
1998 Buick Century Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($471 - 620) in Rossville, IL
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Brookland, AR
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($147 - 217) in Carmel, ME
- Heater Core Replacement ($378 - 524) in Marshall, WI
- Engine Mount Replacement ($207 - 231) in Clarks Summit, PA
- Multi-Function Switch Replacement ($659 - 677) in Ripton, VT