My 1998 Buiok Century has about 86,000 miles on it. On a cold start up, I have noticed that there seems to be what I think is valve rattle noise for about 4 or 5 minutes, then it subsides. Is this normal? Do you think adjustment of the valve lash is called for? Can a do it yourselfer even do that anymore? I'm getting about 20mpg combined, which I think is low. Thank you.
Valve noise on initial start up, is that normal? on 1998 Buick Century
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Century Questions
- It seems my dim lights are not working.What could be the problem.
- can the transmission be repaired? I've been told by 2 repair shops no
- Other than the resistor, what else could cause my heater to only work on high se
- Starter good battery good but can't figure out why it won't turn over to start
- what size is the power steering high pressure hose
1998 Buick Century Estimates
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($295 - 543) in Rossville, IL
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($218 - 387) in Brookland, AR
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($170 - 312) in Carmel, ME
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Marshall, WI
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($212 - 236) in Clarks Summit, PA
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($91 - 112) in Ripton, VT