35 points
Recent Activity

Question Asked: Steering pump hose to the junction also called the pressure hose?
November 30, 2009, 11:59 PM
I recently sold my 2003 zx2 to my mother-in-law. I had it towed to a service shop not even a mile from me in Virginia and told them to look it over and fix anything that should be and also get it inspected. They called and said the Power Steering hose had a hole in it and they ordered the hose for about $80 then charged me $136 for looking in a guide to fix it. The car drove fine to Maryland where my mother-in-law lives but it needed their state inspection since it was more stringent than Virginia so on the same day the car had a second inspection . We came back and he lifted the car in the air, Power steering fluid was dripping all along the ground, he said that the power steering pressure hose had a leak and he would need to replace it. Which cost another $250 Were these two hoses the same part? I feel the station in Virginia owes me a refund. Other things were wrong with the invoice too. Like they said it was test driven but the milage on the paper was the same and I asked the clips be placed back on the power steering fluid holder to clamp the hoses tightly, they didnt do that either. Another question is who can I report the Virginia station to if they dont want to give me my money back, I could have been killed if my power steering went out while I was traveling 70 mph.
No activities found
No activities found
No activities found
Answer Ranks