How will you know the miles?
Used Engine on 1999 Volkswagen Passat
A used engine is always a risk. You have no way of knowing the mileage. I would always remove the valve cover look the oil was changed frequently (if so the engine should be clean inside not dirty black), I would remove the oil pan and check the bearings, and if all is OK I would replace the timing belt, seals and water pump.
Verified for the Volkswagen Passat1 report
Verified for the Volkswagen Passat3 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Passat10 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Passat12 reports
0 answersJanuary 21, 2011
This week's top 10
1999 Volkswagen Passat Estimates
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($244 - 356) in Waxhaw, NC
- Thermostat Replacement ($321 - 426) in Coral Springs, FL
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($632 - 1,001) in Big Rapids, MI
- Head Gasket Replacement ($959 - 1,440) in Mcbrides, MI
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($187 - 223) in Riverton, NE
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($127 - 569) in Pocasset, OK