Car Problem Reports

Mazda Mazda6 Updating PCM Software Will Help Problem With Stalling Under Light Acceleration

Mazda Mazda6 Problem
8 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008

Engines Affected: 2.3L 4 Cylinder, 3.0L V6

Average Mileage: 88,980 mi (55,800 mi - 166,121 mi)

Verified

Some models may have a problem with stalling under light acceleration. Updated software for the powertrain control module (PCM) is available which may help with this concern.

• Mickie79, , 2.3L 4 Cylinder, 55,800 mi

My car stalled as I was approaching a stoplight at about 10 mph. I had just started to accelerate through the light when my dashboard lights came on, the engine stalled, and my power steering and brakes went out. The car started right up again. I went to a Mazda dealership in Ft. Wayne, IN, who could find nothing wrong when scanning the computer. I drove to Michigan and back to Ohio, with no more occurrences. I had the car checked again by my Mazda dealership in Beavercreek, OH. They couldn't find a problem, either. This has just happened the one time, so far. I will update this after checking out this update.

• Visitor, , 2.3L 4 Cylinder, 166,121 mi

When accelerating the takeoff is horrible even with changing lanes the stall almost caused an accident

• Visitor, , 2.3L 4 Cylinder, 58,000 mi

Sometimes when I want to go and hit the gas it takes a minute to kick in; then I take off alot faster than I intended to.

• mac85364, , 3.0L V6, 76,000 mi

Not all the time but getting more intense with the summer heat that when we stop at a light the car will try to stall and start shaking, I have to rev the engine to get it to stop doing it