Stalling Under Light Acceleration on Mazda Mazda6

Some models may have a problem with stalling under light acceleration. Updated software for the powertrain control module (PCM) is available which may help with this concern.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 117,928 (42,000–212,000)
Engines affected: 2.3L 4 Cylinder, 3.0L V6
5 model years affected: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, more2008
21 people reported this problem
The nation’s largest network of independent repair shops certified for expert training, quality work and fair pricing
Viewing
of
problem details
2008 Mazda Mazda6 - 2.3L 4 Cylinder 55,800 mi,
My car stalled as I was approaching a stoplight at about 10 mph. I had just started to accelerate through the light when my dashboard lights came on, the engine stalled, and my power steering and brakes went out. The car started right up again. I went to a Mazda dealership in Ft. Wayne, IN, who could find nothing wrong when scanning the computer. I drove to Michigan and back to Ohio, with no more occurrences. I had the car checked again by my Mazda dealership in Beavercreek, OH. They couldn't find a problem, either. This has just happened the one time, so far. I will update this after checking out this update.
2006 Mazda Mazda6 - 2.3L 4 Cylinder 58,000 mi,
Sometimes when I want to go and hit the gas it takes a minute to kick in; then I take off alot faster than I intended to.
2006 Mazda Mazda6 - 3.0L V6 76,000 mi,
Not all the time but getting more intense with the summer heat that when we stop at a light the car will try to stall and start shaking, I have to rev the engine to get it to stop doing it
2008 Mazda Mazda6 - 2.3L 4 Cylinder 42,000 mi,
My engine seems to get bogged down on takeoffs. I thought changing the spark plugs would help, but to no avail. This is most likely the issue.
2006 Mazda Mazda6 - 3.0L V6 131,000 mi,
Upon acceleration the car would hesitate. I took it to get fixed and they stated it was ignition coil and needed a tune up. It did seem to fix the problem, however they also mentioned that it came back with a code to replace the knock sensor.
2004 Mazda Mazda6 - 2.3L 4 Cylinder 166,121 mi,
When accelerating the takeoff is horrible even with changing lanes the stall almost caused an accident
2008 Mazda Mazda6 - 2.3L 4 Cylinder 156,000 mi,
My car is slow to accelerate when I try to take off and when I do it takes forever to accelerate then when it surpasses 4,000 rpm it makes my transmission jerk and then it takes off
2004 Mazda Mazda6 - 2.3L 4 Cylinder 145,000 mi,
Después de encendido 45 minutos después empieza con inestabilidad de rilaten y en el scaner el código es P0300
2004 Mazda Mazda6 - 2.3L 4 Cylinder
My car has been having issues at startup and then initially not wanting to accelerate. It lightly jerks like its not getting steady gas flow. Took it to a friends shop and he could get it started by banging on the gastank under the car. He replaced my fuel pump for me but its still having issues. My check engine light didn't come on until after the new fuel pump. Read the codes: P-2177(Fuel system too lean at off idle) and 2187( Fuel system too lean at idle) he said it may be the fuel injectors but reading through the manual it looks like the PCM is the culprit.