unusual acceleration problems on 2008 Suzuki SX4

Car accelerated ,reved up and sped forward at a fast rate without my foot on the accelerator. Has anyone had similiar issues? Ours is a 2008 SX4.Would appreciate any input and how you were able to resolve the problem.

by in Wells, VT on May 25, 2011
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
3 answers
ANSWER by , May 26, 2011
Go to a shop ASAP and have the electronic throttle controls inspected and repaired ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! here are some shops: https://repairpal.com/directory?address=05774&car_brand_names=Suzuki
ANSWER by , July 20, 2011
This happened to me today--scared the heck out of me....going to call dealer tomorrow.
ANSWER by , December 11, 2011
First off, do you have cruise control? Did you inadvertently turn it on? Secondly, were your floor mats in the correct place? I have had this happen too me on many small Japanese vehicles, and 9 out of 10 times, it was my size 12 feet and big boots that where the problem (Hit the brake and gas at same time!), once in a Samurai, it was a floor mat issue, once in a Chevy Beretta it was an accidental cruise control engagement (My sausage fingers caused it)