I also have black soot in tailpipe and a heavy smell of gasoline. No puddles or holes under the carriage. Could it be front and rear oxygen sensors?
Until recently, I have had excellent gas mileage. Now I am getting 6 miles/gal. on 1997 Toyota Corolla
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Corolla Questions
- Whats thecost to get a transmission changed on my toyota corolla 1991 automatic
- How to talk down the cylinder head on what is the torque specs
- How expensive is it to repair an oil leak coming from timing chain cover
- Is it the solenoid, transmission, or possible computer problem?
- What to use when replacing the power steering fluid?
1997 Toyota Corolla Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($446 - 1,339) in Harper, OR
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($220 - 278) in Forestville, MI
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($250 - 330) in Aladdin, WY
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($92 - 130) in Birmingham, OH
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Friedensburg, PA
- Window Switch Replacement ($108 - 121) in Wolfe, WV