I also have black soot in tailpipe and a heavy smell of gasoline. No puddles or holes under the carriage. Could it be front and rear oxygen sensors?
Until recently, I have had excellent gas mileage. Now I am getting 6 miles/gal. on 1997 Toyota Corolla
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Corolla Questions
- While I was driving, steering wheel and brake pedal has locked, all of a sudden.
- Drivers side headlights do not work, light bulbs, fuses look good, what else?
- Will the parts for a '99 work/cross-reference in an '07?
- Engine light on, diagnostic trouble code from malfunction is: 1 4 2 1 .
- Is my transmission starting to fail?