I also have black soot in tailpipe and a heavy smell of gasoline. No puddles or holes under the carriage. Could it be front and rear oxygen sensors?
Until recently, I have had excellent gas mileage. Now I am getting 6 miles/gal. on 1997 Toyota Corolla
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Corolla Questions
- AC short or connection issue? Blows super cold and panel lights are on...
- Do I need to change my timing belt/chain at 60k miles?
- the starter is redounding fast but won't push through runing the enginewhen
- battery and starter are working but won't start
- right front brake locks up even after pump/controller & caliper hose replaced +