Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Vibration or shudder when driving, especially upon acceleration
- Squeaking or clunking sound while driving
Related Repair Advice
- When having a U joint replaced, we recommend replacing all of the joints at the same time
- "Single" style U joints are commonly serviced by repair technicians in the shop. A driveshaft using a "double cardan" style, which is basically two single U joints in an assembly, are commonly replaced as a unit or sent to a driveline specialist to be rebuilt.
- Modification of the vehicle ride height can change the driveshaft angle. This can result in abnormal driveshaft vibration and excessive U joint wear