My car makes a rubbing noise when turning left. Mechanic told me it was my steering pump and I needed to replace the rack and pinion. My car has 75,000 miles. Is this typical? How can I be sure an entire steering rack is required? (I have been told in the past that my cv joints look like they are wearing, but don't need replacement yet. Could tht be related?)
typical age or mileage of car when rack and pinion replacement diagnosed on 2004 Pontiac Grand Am
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- what do u think is wrong my 97 pontiac grandam won't start
- battery light on. While driving, all dash lights come on and car dies.
- Feels like the transmission is shifting from park to reverse a little too hard
- park works,reverse works fine ,neutral works,shifts into drive but won't go.....
- While pulling in my driveway my car shut off but it's self...changed the ignition and manifold...it had never done this before I took it to the dealer bc of the recall...and my car will not start back need help asap....ty
2004 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Diberville, MS
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($83 - 130) in Arkabutla, MS
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($881 - 1,150) in Hamlin, IA
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($252 - 848) in Harborside, ME
- Horn Replacement ($119 - 132) in Warsaw, NY
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Saint Mary Of The Woods, IN