I just put a new motor in my truck. When putting it in we cut the wire on the crank sensor so I put a new one on. I had the truck running in the driveway and it died. Now it won't start. It turns over, but I am not getting any fire. I also replaced the PCM and that didn't work. Any solutions?
Turns over, but won't start. on 1994 Dodge Ram 1500
Johnny Mopar ,
March 01, 2011
You replaced the wire or Crank Sensor? Sensor circuits are very sensitive, replace the sensor if you havn't already done so and carefully inspect all engine wiring of any other collateral damage which may have occured during the engine swap.
Verified for the Dodge Ram 150069 reports
Reported by user75307 and 15 others for the Dodge Ram 150016 reports
4 answersMay 21, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- Turns over but doesn't start on first try and getting worse.
- How much do I have to drive the car for the drive cycle?
- I have a 98 ram 1500 and seems to lack power but not missing or bogging rpm will
- How to diagnose and repair a p0441 obdll code that goes on and off
- I have a 02 dodge ram 4.7. Gauges won't light up. Crank no start.
1994 Dodge Ram 1500 Estimates
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($141 - $288) in Barrington, NH
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($125 - $480) in Bealeton, VA
- Fuel Filter Change ($79 - $102) in Warren, IL
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($232 - $772) in Kennerdell, PA
- Suspension Leaf Spring Replacement ($706 - $733) in Woodville, WI
- Suspension Leaf Spring Replacement ($742 - $777) in Fort Shafter, HI