Turn signal problems on 2002 Pontiac Grand Am

Lately, when I flip the switch to turn on the turn signal, it does not turn on. This occurs very inconsistently and at times will work perfectly fine. Does this mean that the turn signal switch is wearing out? I've tried looking up services bulletins and talking to a non-dealer mechanic, but there are no service bulletins and the mechanic cannot diagnose the problem unless the problem occurs when the car is in his possession. Does anyone know how to go about solving this problem?

by in San Carlos, CA on September 22, 2010
2 answers
ANSWER by on October 07, 2010
Hey there I have the exact same problem my turn signals over the past three years does the exact same thing and its frustrating because no one seems to know what the problem is. Everyone thinks Im crazy when I tell them this but, a guy who works at a garage told me that it has something to do with the blinker or hazard light maybe the switch or something. If you find the answer please let me know!!!!!
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on November 17, 2013
I was having the same issue. I replaced the hazard switch (which is tied in with the turn signals) and haven't had an issue so far. OReillys Auto Parts for about $40.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
The turn signal switch may fail causing the hazard/turn signal flasher to continue to click even when the turn signal switch is off. Replacing the faulty turn signal switch will commonly correct ...
the hazards work, so im pretty sure that rules out the bulbs being blown. when you pull a left turn signal, the left lamps hold, not blink. right, i get nothing. any thoughts on what the problem is?
Started one day I turned on the blinker and when I turned it off it kept clicking like it was still on everything is working as it should but the sound is driving me crazy what do I need to replace
I have a 1991 Pontiac 6000 LE. I cant find the location of the turn signal flasher on the car. My book says its behind the ash tray and the parts store says its o the steering column just insid...