Pontiac Q&A

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Question: Turn signal problems

Visitor, 2.2L 4 Cylinder, San Carlos, CA, September 22, 2010, 16:05

Lately, when I flip the switch to turn on the turn signal, it does not turn on. This occurs very inconsistently and at times will work perfectly fine. Does this mean that the turn signal switch is wearing out? I've tried looking up services bulletins and talking to a non-dealer mechanic, but there are no service bulletins and the mechanic cannot diagnose the problem unless the problem occurs when the car is in his possession. Does anyone know how to go about solving this problem?

Visitor, October 07, 2010, 12:04

Hey there I have the exact same problem my turn signals over the past three years does the exact same thing and its frustrating because no one seems to know what the problem is. Everyone thinks Im crazy when I tell them this but, a guy who works at a garage told me that it has something to do with the blinker or hazard light maybe the switch or something. If you find the answer please let me know!!!!!

brohammy November 17, 2013, 07:11

I was having the same issue. I replaced the hazard switch (which is tied in with the turn signals) and haven't had an issue so far. OReillys Auto Parts for about $40.