Turn signal problem on 1997 Pontiac Grand Am

My turn signal went out. First it was flashing fast, then nothing. I changed the bulb only to have it almost burn out immediately.

by in Crete, IL on April 12, 2010
3 answers
ANSWER by on April 18, 2010
Replace the flaher unit. It has a short in it.
ANSWER by on April 18, 2010
The flasher its self has a short in it.
ANSWER by on November 05, 2012
I have an 04 Grand Am with about 104,000 miles and mine did the same thing. I went to the part store to get a flasher and they told me that my car does not have a flasher and the problem is something in the steering column. All of my fuses are good.
The turn signal switch may fail causing the hazard/turn signal flasher to continue to click even when the turn signal switch is off. Replacing the faulty turn signal switch will commonly correct ...
Lately, when I flip the switch to turn on the turn signal, it does not turn on. This occurs very inconsistently and at times will work perfectly fine. Does this mean that the turn signal switch is ...
the hazards work, so im pretty sure that rules out the bulbs being blown. when you pull a left turn signal, the left lamps hold, not blink. right, i get nothing. any thoughts on what the problem is?
Started one day I turned on the blinker and when I turned it off it kept clicking like it was still on everything is working as it should but the sound is driving me crazy what do I need to replace