Could either the fuel pressure damper assembly or the canister purge valve occasionally cause a gas smell to be blown into the car cabin via the AC vents when the air is not on recirculate? I've had this problem intermittently, mostly in summer, when it is hot and humid. Have already replaced the Charcoal canister, and valve cover gasket and all 12 gaskets for fuel injectors. Thanks.
Trying to diagnose a fuel smell in car cabin? on 1998 Lexus ES300
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus ES300 Questions
- Car was running fine,then suddenly started missing badly.Now it starts and run b
- How long should you wait to replace PCV valve?
- The ES 300 pulls hard right when driving down the road and makes a poping sound
- why when outside temp gets above 45 degrees does my car miss, smoke, eat gas
- The engine makes sort of a revving sound...
1998 Lexus ES300 Estimates
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($76 - 128) in Vienna, NJ
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($342 - 512) in Shauck, OH
- PCV Valve Replacement ($47 - 64) in Yuma, CO
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($163 - 312) in Long Grove, IL
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($507 - 784) in Oswegatchie, NY
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($130 - 277) in East Northport, NY