Could either the fuel pressure damper assembly or the canister purge valve occasionally cause a gas smell to be blown into the car cabin via the AC vents when the air is not on recirculate? I've had this problem intermittently, mostly in summer, when it is hot and humid. Have already replaced the Charcoal canister, and valve cover gasket and all 12 gaskets for fuel injectors. Thanks.
Trying to diagnose a fuel smell in car cabin? on 1998 Lexus ES300
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus ES300 Questions
- do I need to remove the housing on the transmission to remove the axle?
- Driver side,knee bolster&hood in front of air box
- What does a 270,000 mile service involve on my 2000 Lexus ES300.
- Engine stalls when at idle if not holding accelerator - no check engine light
- Do both cooling fans need to run for AC to work?